Games, rules, etc...

Gloria25

Games, rules, dating gurus have taken the fun out of dating?!?

Agree or disagree?

All these dating games, these love advice on what to say to a women or when to answer the phone, how to be mysterious,.....etc, dating is way too confusing and is harder than it needs to be. What happened to being ourselves?

• Like 2
  • Author
All these dating games, these love advice on what to say to a women or when to answer the phone, how to be mysterious,.....etc, dating is way too confusing and is harder than it needs to be. What happened to being ourselves?

Thank you...

I mean, just without all those games and rules, there's still mystery there...there's still built up anxiety (he/she likes me/likes me not).

There's getting all dressed up. There's 'oh, let's go here/there'. There's so many things in the dance of getting to know another person w/o the added games and rules and all that.

The rules, games, etc don't spice it up, they weigh it down...

Thank you...

I mean, just without all those games and rules, there's still mystery there...there's still built up anxiety (he/she likes me/likes me not).

There's getting all dressed up. There's 'oh, let's go here/there'. There's so many things in the dance of getting to know another person w/o the added games and rules and all that.

The rules, games, etc don't spice it up, they weigh it down...

Getting to know who a person really is and what makes him/her tick is what dating should be all about. I find exploring a new person to be fascinating. Games just complicate things and in the end, no one wins. All there is just hurt feelings and dashed expectations. If you like someone, just be honest and let your guard down. The person is doing the same by putting themselves out for you.

• Like 2
Games, rules, dating gurus have taken the fun out of dating?!?

Agree or disagree?

Only if you participate in the games, rules and go by what dating gurus say. What all this does do is contaminate the dating pool. If people opt to go by these things, then the people who are not and just being themselves, enjoying their dating experiences without pressure, expectations, and truly getting to know someone, etc. may be faced with a lot of unecessary weeding.

In other words, those people who are going by all these rules, etc. instead of being themselves, I'm passing on them. If they would just do what's natural to them, we might have a better connection. If they're sitting there worrying about a bunch of rules or what John Gray said in the 3rd paragraph about how to handle a second date, blah,blah, blah, you aren't really in the moment.

• Like 1

The interwebz happened...

No responsibility, no accountability, no integrity.

It's just too easy to be someone you're not, online.

And for some, it's too hard to be themselves.

The interwebz happened...

No responsibility, no accountability, no integrity.

It's just too easy to be someone you're not, online.

And for some, it's too hard to be themselves.

For me, online dating was the worst thing to happened to me. I got played way too much by girls who weren't who they said they were. Too much bs goes on online.

• Like 1

Yes, games and rules are not fun. But I don't think is their fault dating is stressful these days.

The dating landscape has changed so much, with the advent of internet, texting, social media, sexual freedom, and no expectations of commitment that the entire thing is so inherently complicated that probably these rules and games came out as a sort of an outcome of all that.

In the olden times things were much easier. I never heard in my time of fwb, eff buddy, one night stand (I know, I was naive and lived in a closed society), multidating etc etc etc. So no rules necessary. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, they become bf/gf and more often than not get married young(ish).

• Like 3

Self-awareness takes the fun out of just about anything.

So long as my date isn't openly hostile (never had that experience, thank god) then fun can be had by all!

• Like 1