Dr. Martin Luther King Jr the 3rd coming of Christ?

I have my theory that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was the 3rd coming of Christ. There are many similarities between him and Jesus. They were both freedom fighters. Both were not afraid to die for what they believed in. They both knew they would die violent deaths. Both died in their early 30s and both were Marines in every mystical way even if they did not wear a uniform. Being a Marine is a mindset and not necessarily wearing the uniform and enlisting in the US Marine Corps. Both of them were Marines sent from God on a mission.

While in this era - and for years - we have not had a "Moses" or "Jesus" (someone who performed some sort of miracle), I sorta believe that some people were destined to be "movers and shakers".

But nah, I think that when Jesus Christ comes, it'll be on a bigger scale than the changes made by MLK...and probably some of those "miracles" might happen.

Besides, while people on this planet are goin' Krazy, there are some religious groups that believe there are certain "signs" that are supposed to take place before Jesus comes again.

Now, about "movers and shakers" that had prior military service? Yea, I believe that while the military is comprised of people from all walks of life, in the military you can learn skills and gain experiences that produce outstanding members of our society/communities.

If it was up to me, like in some countries such as Israel, I'd make military service mandatory for like the first couple of years out of high school. And if you didn't have mental or physical ability to serve in the military, you should have to do something like the Peace Corps.

It's a shame that a lot of civilians are being taught to have disdain for military service members when it is a bunch of civilians (i.e. the President and/or congress) that gave/gives us our marching orders...

Here's a link to an inspiring speech - which shows how things you learn in the military can be carried out to other aspects of your life during and/or after your military service.

McRaven Commencement Speech At UT - Business Insider

• Author

Mandatory military service is involuntary servitude and goes against the principles of freedom which is what America is founded on. So I believe in voluntary service. I think alot of Military members support the idea of a volunteer service for many reasons. First of all some of them who are serving would say they wouldn't want to be standing next to someone in combat who doesn't really want to be there. An efficient military is one where they don't want you there if you don't want to be there. Let those who believe in what they are doing be the ones to serve.

There are soldiers willing to die to keep service voluntary. In other words willing to die for the freedom of individuals to not serve their country. Sure the Military can help Americans get in shape but when they retire and get back out in civilian life they are on their own again and free to let themselves go (some of them do) and stop going to the gym and just become couch potatoes. Having Military service in the past doesn't mean it is guaranteed to stick after getting out.

Ron Paul served in the Military and he is a libertarian fighting to keep Military service voluntary.

• Like 1
  • Author

However I think Military service should be offered as an option for those convicted of certain crimes. The Judge should give the convict a choice for certain crimes and that is serve X amount of time in the Military or go to jail. But for law abiding citizens making it mandatory to serve? No.

However I think Military service should be offered as an option for those convicted of certain crimes. The Judge should give the convict a choice for certain crimes and that is serve X amount of time in the Military or go to jail. But for law abiding citizens making it mandatory to serve? No.

So, you feel better about serving with criminals that were forced into military service rather than your average civilian? I don't know about that, cuz we already have service members from shady backgrounds that do bad things both during and after their military service (i.e. I wouldn't hand a weapon to someone who was convicted of raping a chick).

I sorta hear ya about keeping military service voluntary - but I believe so in the sense that those people in suits (congressmen and/or the President) send our young men and women into harms way often to suit their own political agendas rather than actual freedom for Americans...no one should be forced to be in a service where they are taken advantage of like that.

• Author
So, you feel better about serving with criminals that were forced into military service rather than your average civilian? I don't know about that, cuz we already have service members from shady backgrounds that do bad things both during and after their military service (i.e. I wouldn't hand a weapon to someone who was convicted of raping a chick).

I sorta hear ya about keeping military service voluntary - but I believe so in the sense that those people in suits (congressmen and/or the President) send our young men and women into harms way often to suit their own political agendas rather than actual freedom for Americans...no one should be forced to be in a service where they are taken advantage of like that.

Criminals would not be forced to serve military under my proposal. They are given a choice to either serve their jail time or do military service. Just like the Judge gives someone with a poor driving record the option of attending driving school or having their license suspended for 30 days. They are given a choice in their punishment.

And I also said it would be for certain crimes not all crimes. Certain misdemeanor crimes would warrant an option for military service.

• Author

But I understand where you come from about the draft if indeed you are proposing that every able bodied and able minded person men and women without exception even presidents serve in the Military. Yes it would give an incentive for presidents not to send anyone to war unless it was really necessary since they would have to send even their own children off to war and risk their lives or send themselves to war and get killed.

Criminals would not be forced to serve military under my proposal. They are given a choice to either serve their jail time or do military service. Just like the Judge gives someone with a poor driving record the option of attending driving school or having their license suspended for 30 days. They are given a choice in their punishment.

And I also said it would be for certain crimes not all crimes. Certain misdemeanor crimes would warrant an option for military service.

Well, instead of military service as an option for punishment I would sorta go for a heavier type of "community service". Like making them cut grass or pick up trash.

When I lived in certain cities, I'd see the jail folk be the ones to pick up the trash instead of private companies or hired government workers. I think if we could order more community service like that it would make a difference.

I mean, I see a lot of people order to community service come to get hours volunteering with programs I volunteered with and that is NO punishment. They need to do harder stuff that would help the community.

I have my theory that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was the 3rd coming of Christ. There are many similarities between him and Jesus. They were both freedom fighters. Both were not afraid to die for what they believed in. They both knew they would die violent deaths. Both died in their early 30s and both were Marines in every mystical way even if they did not wear a uniform. Being a Marine is a mindset and not necessarily wearing the uniform and enlisting in the US Marine Corps. Both of them were Marines sent from God on a mission.

Dr. MLK definitely possessed the Holy Spirit. In that much he had God within him. However, he was not Christ or any other manifestation of Christ. According to Scripture's prophecies, if MLK were Christ, then the world would be over right now because Christ's next coming was supposed to have been in judgement and fire. I admire MLK very much, but come on.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Happy Birthday to Martin Luther King Jr. It is possible Dr. Martin Luther King was the 3rd coming of Jesus Christ.

The feminist movement fighting for equal rights between men and women was the 4th coming of Christ. At that time Christ returned in female form.

Fidel Castro and his revolutionary movement is the 5th coming of Christ.

Fidel Castro and his revolutionary movement is the 5th coming of Christ.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dude, Castro ruined Cuba.

My fathers side of the family are Cuban refugees, and I still have family in Cuba.