Seeing them online, and then in person

Anyone gentleman here do you POF thing, sent a message out to a woman and not get a response, but as luck would have it, had an opportunity to approach this same woman in person?

I have, but usually it's unnerving to do it and not want to be labeled creepy, and usually don't bother doing it.

There was this "Steampunk" faire the other day, only easily recognized such a woman from her online dating profile because she dressed as "Steampunk" either way. Thought about approaching her, but...was debating if it's a good idea or not, but just not say anything about it.

I didn't bother because she was busy talking with people and having pictures taken with others. She lives about an hour and half away according to her profile, so obviously she comes far for such events.

When I got home, I sent her an email saying (this is months later), "Hey, didn't you go to the Steampunk faire the other day?" and introduced myself and said I was big into that kind of thing too, but mostly Sci-Fi related stuff. Mentioned she has a real nice smile and figured since we were into the same genre that we could get to know each other.

But anyhow, men, how would you approach this? Would it be creepy for the woman..yes..no?

(PS - isn't it kind of sad for men that we have to worry about what we do being creepy?)

Anyone gentleman here do you POF thing, sent a message out to a woman and not get a response, but as luck would have it, had an opportunity to approach this same woman in person?

I have, but usually it's unnerving to do it and not want to be labeled creepy, and usually don't bother doing it.

There was this "Steampunk" faire the other day, only easily recognized such a woman from her online dating profile because she dressed as "Steampunk" either way. Thought about approaching her, but...was debating if it's a good idea or not, but just not say anything about it.

I didn't bother because she was busy talking with people and having pictures taken with others. She lives about an hour and half away according to her profile, so obviously she comes far for such events.

When I got home, I sent her an email saying (this is months later), "Hey, didn't you go to the Steampunk faire the other day?" and introduced myself and said I was big into that kind of thing too, but mostly Sci-Fi related stuff. Mentioned she has a real nice smile and figured since we were into the same genre that we could get to know each other.

But anyhow, men, how would you approach this? Would it be creepy for the woman..yes..no?

(PS - isn't it kind of sad for men that we have to worry about what we do being creepy?)

has she replied?

• Like 1

It sounds ok to me. You were polite, showed interest , but not in a creepy way . Personally, I'd prefer that to a "wink

Sending one polite message , about mutually shared interests isn't creepy in the least.

Edited by CaliGypsy
Clarity

Should it happen again, approach her at the fair, with NO mention of having ever seen or messaged her on POF.

Now, you're right back to square one. If given the choice between IRL and online, choose IRL every time.

I'm guessing she didn't reply?

• Like 1
  • Author

She did. We're corresponding currently. She even does Renn Fairs

Should it happen again, approach her at the fair, with NO mention of having ever seen or messaged her on POF.

Now, you're right back to square one. If given the choice between IRL and online, choose IRL every time.

I'm guessing she didn't reply?

• Like 1
She did. We're corresponding currently. She even does Renn Fairs

Excellent!

Sounds like you will be dating soon then! :)

I wouldn't be keen on that approach myself, I would rather a guy come say hello but she obviously likes the look/sound of you from your profile.

Good luck!

I really wish I had seen some online women in real life that way I could at least match them up to their pictures and see how much photoshop they had undergone.