The running thing... I am doing it wrong...

So I missed a few days last week as I have been coming down with some sort of flu/ cold thing which has left me drained after work all week and after spending the majority of Friday and Saturday in bed I thought to myself "come on Old Girl - this is not doing you any good anyway, so lets go for round two"...

It started so well... I did my warm up, the sun was shining and the dogs were behaving... I felt almost human (all be it a snot filled, coughing and spluttering human). The hill I started up was a toughy but I was getting further than last time and there I was thinking hey at this rate I shall even impress Mr Scorpio!

I started up the track and low and behold two blue clad runners are approaching so I stop and call the dogs in... Oh... my... word...

The front view was good enough to make any sane woman break out in hot flushes, big smiles, bright eyes, the rear view was too delectable to describe in words... no one should look that good when covered in sweat, let alone two in one go... My pulse was racing and it had nothing to do with my trainers or the camber of the hill...

I turned to get a second glance (it really was that good) and crack... Tree root this time instead of a dog... No puddle just lots of mud... Thankfully they were gone before they could hear the oumph as I hit the deck...

I am no longer fit for running and figure well one must keep looking on the bright side, at least I can hobble my way round and enjoy the fresh air anyway...

Then blow me they come back round on a second lap....! I am now trying desperately to think of ways in which I can make myself look presentable... Not too easy as I haven't brushed my hair, no make up, paint stained joggers and a manky old t-shirt (well I am decorating the bathroom and don't normally see anyone up here!)... coupled with mud all up one side. Its no good I am going to have to wing it, grin sweetly at them and pray that I don't have any toast crumbs between my teeth...

There really is a God and I need to change my name from Toodaloo to Pervert...

Why oh why doesn't my dog trip up other people running as well... I could make a great nurse!

If that is the view, I am going to get cracking! It would be worth putting the effort into it to watch that for an hour... I would be a marathon runner in o time following that... *dreamy eyes*. I am seriously considering joining a running club, then I may have a hope of keeping up...

The view was worth the bruises...

Hope you all had a good weekend. ;)

• Like 2
  • Author
Not wrong at all! Except you need to invest in some cute running clothes :D

That are mud resistant and hold everything in...

One thing I did think was that I need some serious scaffolding in my underwear if this is going to carry on... :D

Do you think water proof mascara would be going over board???

Still getting hot flushes thinking about it... I encourage all ladies every where to start running through random woodlands... I enjoyed it before and now... well I am hooked!

• Like 1

There really is a God and I need to change my name from Toodaloo to Pervert... If that is the view, I am going to get cracking! It would be worth putting the effort into it to watch that for an hour... I would be a marathon runner in o time following that... *dreamy eyes*. I am seriously considering joining a running club, then I may have a hope of keeping up...

Well now, you just discovered a few of the benefits of using a treadmill: (1) no tripping on dogs, (2) no falling into puddles, (3) if you have a nice view, you don't have to worry about falling behind because it isn't going anywhere.

I encourage all ladies every where to start running through random woodlands... I enjoyed it before and now... well I am hooked!

Oh. Nevermind. I suppose any running is good running. Just be careful not to go too far off into nowhere while you're alone. I've heard too many stories of women being assaulted on running trails.

• Like 2
Well now, you just discovered a few of the benefits of using a treadmill: (1) no tripping on dogs, (2) no falling into puddles, (3) if you have a nice view, you don't have to worry about falling behind because it isn't going anywhere.

Oh. Nevermind. I suppose any running is good running. Just be careful not to go too far off into nowhere while you're alone. I've heard too many stories of women being assaulted on running trails.

Safety is one reason I run with my dog (although she does trip me at times :D)

Do you guys carry water bottles with you when you're out for a run?

I always do - but running with one just feels...out of place, and unnatural. This has been my newest dilemma - I am fairly new to running though.

I felt almost human (all be it a snot filled, coughing and spluttering human).

No...see...that's your problem, right there. When you start to feel "snot filled", you're supposed to contact the Mother Ship!!! It's very clear in The Manual.

Why doesn't anybody ever read The Manual??? :mad:

• Author
Just be careful not to go too far off into nowhere while you're alone. I've heard too many stories of women being assaulted on running trails.

Mr Scorpio... My dogs are VERY protective of me... One upset yell and they come running teeth barred to protect their "pack leader"... I go off to all sorts of weird and random isolated places on my own... They are just that "isolated" no other idiot is silly enough to go out that far in the dark!!! So I doubt an attacker would bother going that far in the hopes that some one might turn up. I am also lucky in that I work with guys and have to have "balls of steel" sometimes to cope with them... They have taught me a few neat tricks just in case on top of the fact that I bite and I scratch on a good day :D

Do you guys carry water bottles with you when you're out for a run?

I always do - but running with one just feels...out of place, and unnatural. This has been my newest dilemma - I am fairly new to running though.

I don't, although I do pass a couple water fountains in the park. They're turned off in the colder months, but I still don't carry water.

How far do you run?

I don't, although I do pass a couple water fountains in the park. They're turned off in the colder months, but I still don't carry water.

How far do you run?

I alternate between running and walking. In total it would be about 4 miles.

Unfortunately, I haven't come across any water fountains yet, but I'll keep an eye out for that. I may just start leaving mine at home too- it's a hindrance.

• Author

I have seen some "hoop" things that I have discovered are water bottles. They look less clumsy than normal ones and more in keeping. the runners I have seen with them seem to have a more normal hand position if that makes sense?

No idea where you would get them though.

• Like 1