Some wish it was back to the "Good old days" of dating

While there are a couple posters on here that think they are literally owed sex when they pay for dinner, those guys are in the minority. It has also been my experience that the women who are quick to jump into bed don't require the dinner. They are used to the "let's just hang out" dates where I never had to spend a dime on them.

I think the biggest reasons men complain about paying for dinners is because women act like they are owed free things by virtue of being a woman. Men should buy her dinner because she's a woman.

Everyone says dating is a numbers game. That game can get pretty expensive when men are always expected to foot the bill. I have a friend who still uses OLD and he said he would often get the dreaded, "thanks for dinner" text. That meant she wasn't interested.

It's that other 10% of the time the men are concerned about. I have personally seen prostitution busts here in my town. Police place fake ad online and bust around 15 guys in a day for solicitation. It happened to a guy I work with. They put your name in the paper and do their best to try and shame you. If you really think prostitution is an option, it should be legal first.

Guys want to get laid. Any bragging rights we earn are just a bonus :p What guys don't want is to get hemmed up in some prostitution charges. Depending on your career, that sort of thing can get you fired at work too.

Again, you totally ignore the fact that he is taking a serious chance at getting caught. A guy doesn't have to tell the world he's picking up hookers, the police announce that for you.

Then go to a hooker review board an get a legit one,problem solved.

Nobody is owed sex because they pay for a date. I don't think a man should pay just because he is born with a penis but it doesn't mean a woman owes you sex. A woman or a man for that matter has the right to say no.

I do think though that if a woman expects a man to pay just because men should be men then don't get mad when a man wants a woman who acts in a traditional manner. As soon as they start pulling the gender role hypocrisy though just next them. That is what I always did. I have always dated on my terms and I have success and I advise men to do the same. If somebody has an issue with it they are not for you.

I think the payment of dates should be shared, but when I hear people treating dates as such a burden and waste o time and money I think the person must be tight and rather boring to live with. The sort that would never want to go out places because it costs money. No thanks.

I think the payment of dates should be shared, but when I hear people treating dates as such a burden and waste o time and money I think the person must be tight and rather boring to live with. The sort that would never want to go out places because it costs money. No thanks.

The economy is not good now and costs start adding up. I don't mind paying for a first date but if we start dating more she should at least cover some of the cost. Money is not an unlimited resource for most people.

thefooloftheyear
Then go to a hooker review board an get a legit one,problem solved.

Enough already with the hooker option....I dont care if its legal or not, or if you can get away with it or not..Its not even about morality...The overwhelming majority of guys think its humiliating and degrading to pay ft....end of story..

TFY

Enough already with the hooker option....I dont care if its legal or not, or if you can get away with it or not..Its not even about morality...The overwhelming majority of guys think its humiliating and degrading to pay ft....end of story..

TFY

I wont because it is an option and many men want to pay for sex anyway. There are ways to get around it, guys dont want to. Theres more pride in lying a woman into bed or treating a date like a transaction than being honest and paying for it outright.

• Like 1
Yeah, because those girls never give away their client lists...right?

Thats extremely rare. Its happened how many times and there are how many providers? I cant tell you it wont happen because nothing in life is 100%.

Lets be real. Its not about the legality, guys want to feel picked and special.

How bout this then, these guys can just go to a strip club. Is that better?

TFY

Its all about the dude. Its degrading to the woman to go on a date and be treated like a prostitute.

• Like 2
Guys want to get laid. You obviously don't know men as well as you think you do. Guys often swallow their pride and say or do dumb crap to get sex. It's not a matter of a notch on a bed post for most of us.[/Quote]

I never said it was just about the notches on the belt. I undertand that men are horny and its bery easy for them to want a woman sexually yadda yadda. Many men do want that sense of accomplishment, which is why they wont just go to a hooker. Thats straight from....dudes...

I totally agree that men do and say stupid stuff to get laid. Ill take it a step further and say that quite a few will even fake a relationship to get sex. I understand that sex is important to men and all that jazz.

Im saying that men should stop doing the stupid stuff to get sex and do something logical-pay a woman directly(sex worker) instead of playing games and paying indirectly. Its a lot less effort than taking a woman on a date and pretending to be interested. Take that same $x.xx and give it to a sex worker.

Then perhaps those women should stop insisting that men pay for their company.

Um what? Going on a date is not prostitution. You are not paying for the sex. :confused:

Maybe some women go on dates to get to know the guy and not to be prostitutes on the sly? Im shocked, but I shouldnt be, this is ls.

• Like 1
Some wish it was back to the "Good old days" of dating

What.. and go back to the duct tape and chloroform days.. no way...:laugh:

As I got older the older way of dating faded out for me, work, home life, hobbies and family kept me so busy that there was never time to date the 'old way'.. then OLD came along and made it so someone like me who was working tons of hours and spending tons of time up in the mountains by myself could date and meet women..

I had tons of relationships born from OLD and met my wife OLD on match.. so I think I'm glad that it changed for the better :)

• Like 2
thefooloftheyear
Its all about the dude. Its degrading to the woman to go on a date and be treated like a prostitute.

OK...

Its all about the women...Its degrading for men to go out on a date and be used for sex, an emotional crutch, for their money, their strong back, their pickup truck, etc...

We can go on all day....You see how ridiculous your argumant is?

TFY

OK...

Its all about the women...Its degrading for men to go out on a date and be used for sex, an emotional crutch, for their money, their strong back, their pickup truck, etc...

We can go on all day....You see how ridiculous your argumant is?

TFY

Guys in this thread admit they go on a date to make a transaction, and what im saying is ridiculous? Ok.

Ive been on quite a few of those dates. "I paid for your dinner and listened to you talk for an hour, now eff me!" Its not a good feeling, and its a total waste of my time.

Never did I say it was ok to use anybody. Its definitely not ok to treat your date like a transaction because youre horny.

Edited by hotpotato
  • Like 1
Going on a date is not prostitution. You are not paying for the sex. :confused:

I'm curious about your thoughts here. What exactly is the guy paying for?

Never did I say it was ok to use anybody. Its definitely not ok to treat your date like a transaction because youre horny.

I agree with you. It's not okay to treat your date like a transaction because you're horny. It's also not okay to treat your date like your personal bank because you're a woman.

I'm curious about your thoughts here. What exactly is the guy paying for?[/Quote]

Not for sex, and a guy shouldnt expect sex because he spent a little money. Dates are about getting to know someone. Dates are about getting to know someone. Before you ask, ive gone on plenty of cheap lunch/ or coffee dates followed by going to the park (free), walking on the beach (free), museums (free).

I

• Like 1
Not for sex, and a guy shouldnt expect sex because he spent a little money. Dates are about getting to know someone. Dates are about getting to know someone. Before you ask, ive gone on plenty of cheap lunch/ or coffee dates followed by going to the park (free), walking on the beach (free), museums (free).

My question was: What is the guy paying for? I did not ask: What is the guy not paying for?

I understand what dates are about. I've also paid for many expensive dates.

Let's bring this topic back to the topic rather than making this into a who pays for dinner debate, there are threads about the who pays in dating, please use your search if you feel you need to post about that, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
If you give flowers to a woman before X number of dates (whatever amount is written in the book/magazine she's reading) you're considered desperate and 'not challenging enough'.

Went on date #1, he give me 2 roses and says...." One Is me, and one is you". Then date #3 he gives me a DOZEN roses, chocolate and a card. Says I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever met, wants to see me all the time.

We do have fun, it's easy, we laugh, unpretentious and just hit it off.

I'm a bit leary of the gifts so early. He's either truly gaga, or has an agenda. Thoughts appreciated.

A bit baffled....

Several years ago me my older brother and some other younger guys were debating these older heads in a barbershop. We were talking about women/dating and the differences across eras and the older guys were making fun of this young guy because he keeps getting turned down/rejected. Talking bout "man I never got rejected, I got married at 22 had a home 3 kids" etc lol

I was saying to myself, these guys don't realize the only reason most of them were able to get married(or any type of remote dating success) is because they were born in a time when women have no options and they were providers. Half would be unemployed/low wage virgins if they were young males today

Went on date #1, he give me 2 roses and says...." One Is me, and one is you". Then date #3 he gives me a DOZEN roses, chocolate and a card. Says I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever met, wants to see me all the time.

We do have fun, it's easy, we laugh, unpretentious and just hit it off.

I'm a bit leary of the gifts so early. He's either truly gaga, or has an agenda. Thoughts appreciated.

A bit baffled....

He might just be terribly inexperienced as well. Maybe you could figure out a way to hint him it's a little too much without denting his ego.

• Author

Well, back in the day, men were trying to get married up or engaged, before risking dying overseas, too.

So men were just as desperate because they thought they wouldn't make it back home to their wives alive!!

Several years ago me my older brother and some other younger guys were debating these older heads in a barbershop. We were talking about women/dating and the differences across eras and the older guys were making fun of this young guy because he keeps getting turned down/rejected. Talking bout "man I never got rejected, I got married at 22 had a home 3 kids" etc lol

I was saying to myself, these guys don't realize the only reason most of them were able to get married(or any type of remote dating success) is because they were born in a time when women have no options and they were providers. Half would be unemployed/low wage virgins if they were young males today