Over 40 and dating

Was the argument actually Over The Pizza?...

Or was the argument an accumulation of irritations that she decided she could not build a future on?

I honestly don't know? I think once you are over the initial shock, things might come to light in your head that you can say, "ahhh she said or did or asked for a, b & c and I couldn't/wouldn't deliver (which is not necessarily a bad thing*)" and that is why the relationship was bound to end.

If it was really Over Pizza - the pizza must have sucked or she is just really shallow *lol*

Hang in BPW - this too shall pass :)

It's stories like this, that reassures me that am not missing much by NOT liking pizza at all. Wow

I'll hate to think what will happen for a missed bill, phone call or an answer of NO to a request of hers :rolleyes:

• Like 1
I was going to say, you don't even know half of it. A lot of those over 40 have serious baggage in terms of debt, jaded, unresolved issues with ex, entitlement because they are close to retirement and are looking for that cushion of a guy to lessen the load.

You are to also accept them and their kid(s) as a package, but they will handle the discipline whilst you just provide for them and their brood.

If you are lucky, you will find that unicorn who is over 40 without all the above mentioned, and believes in being equal

This is usually their deluded way of saying they are fat/obese. I like how they just post a head shot in profile, like I can't tell from your face and arms that you are heavy.

Tayken, you're killing me here! Either your seriously jaded or you're looking in the wrong places. I know plenty of 'unicorns ' over 40 who would knock your canadian wool socks off* If I were ever single again (til death do us part type of thing so could be... ;) ) I'd be one he$$ of a unicorn. I get scared that the over 40 crew wouldn't be able to 'hang' with me (aside from the various pharmaceutical enhancers I've recently been made aware of thank you LS'ers) It's all the other activities on top of a good career not just a job that I have.

Thing is, for the right man, I'd give 110%. I thought Most women were like me. Am I so wrong/different? !?! I bet not** :)

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Fixed quote
  • Like 2

Tayken, you're killing me here! Either your seriously jaded or you're looking in the wrong places. I know plenty of 'unicorns ' over 40 who would knock your canadian wool socks off* If I were ever single again (til death do us part type of thing so could be... ;) ) I'd be one he$$ of a unicorn. I get scared that the over 40 crew wouldn't be able to 'hang' with me (aside from the various pharmaceutical enhancers I've recently been made aware of thank you LS'ers) It's all the other activities on top of a good career not just a job that I have.

Thing is, for the right man, I'd give 110%. I thought Most women were like me. Am I so wrong/different? !?! I bet not** :)

Definitely NOT the former as it was me that ended my marriage. The latter might be close to the truth though. Oh, just so you know, I am a Brit living in Canada..so you are way off in your assumptions pet :D

Bold 2: Your thought is far from what is actually happening out there.

Oh...you are "killing me" me with your quoting skills :-)

My quoting skills totally suck tis true :) . Canada is Still cold :) . And no one has ever called me 'pet' before but I'm imagining with your (probable ) accent, I wouldn't be offended :) ...

Say it again* lol*

My quoting skills totally suck tis true :) . Canada is Still cold :) . And no one has ever called me 'pet' before but I'm imagining with your (probable ) accent, I wouldn't be offended :) ...

Say it again* lol*

In my Cockney accent.....anything for your sweetheart, I mean pet. By the way, I am not many people, I am unique, cultured, well traveled, ooze chivalry naturally.

Alright, I'll stop cos I know you like sayin' "oh stop" :D

In my Cockney accent.....anything for your sweetheart, I mean pet. By the way, I am not many people, I am unique, cultured, well traveled, ooze chivalry naturally.

Alright, I'll stop cos I know you like sayin' "oh stop" :D

Oh for pete's sake. You win. :o

Anyway... so you too have found women 40 plus, what shall I say hypocritical and high maintenance? That's so more foreign to me than a short drive to the Soo. Can you attest via substantiated, estimated number of personal experiences?

Oh for pete's sake. You win. :o

Anyway... so you too have found women 40 plus, what shall I say hypocritical and high maintenance? That's so more foreign to me than a short drive to the Soo. Can you attest via substantiated, estimated number of personal experiences?

Out of say 10 dates of such 40 plus....I'll say 8 came out with red flags that made me run for the hills :D How is that me lady?

Alright then love, lets talk expectations of the 40 plus divorced dating man? For every male (especially OP) What do you expect to find in a 40 plus women? Maaaybe expectations a bit high?

Sheesh when I'm there, I'm hoping the guy has more hair on his head than his back. Are my expectations too high? :bunny:

Did some quote cleanup, as well as deleted responses to our hydra's daily appearance but left as much topical stuff as I could, hence at least one hanging quote. Please continue!

Kid_Charlemange

Sheesh when I'm there, I'm hoping the guy has more hair on his head than his back. Are my expectations too high?

So bald guys can't be attractive?

Alright then love, lets talk expectations of the 40 plus divorced dating man? For every male (especially OP) What do you expect to find in a 40 plus women? Maaaybe expectations a bit high?

Sheesh when I'm there, I'm hoping the guy has more hair on his head than his back. Are my expectations too high? :bunny:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/general/general-relationship-discussion/494487-your-top-5-absolute-red-flags#post5909520

Note that none mention physical aspects of any sort, aligning completely with my historical preferences regarding dating and the actual results of dating and being married.

Unfortunately, yup, it appears, at least in my demographic, that strong attraction for a guy like myself, who in no way approaches this kind of bald, is a bit problematical. First impressions are the most important impressions and even a little 'oh, darn' let-down is crucial to healthy relations moving forward. That's life!

No no, didn't mean how it sounded, I don't care about bald not bald* its a personal thing I have with... gosh you guys are killing me :o I had a disturbing experience with back hair on an individual in my life alright? ...want to sink through the cracks. ..

I'm sorry that's how it came across gentlemen., honest :)

No no, didn't mean how it sounded, I don't care about bald not bald* its a personal thing I have with... gosh you guys are killing me :o I had a disturbing experience with back hair on an individual in my life alright? ...want to sink through the cracks. ..

I'm sorry that's how it came across gentlemen., honest :)

Are you sure it wasn't a YAK by any chance you were touching after a few pints? How did you go from the hair on his back to the cracks down below? :D

So bald guys can't be attractive?

Montell Williams, Kojack and Michael Jordan am sure don't have that problem. Just look at the nice young thing Jordan just married....am sure his money helped too, but still.

Perhaps low cut is being mistaken for shaven head here?????

I wear a 36 inch pant size in the waist. Women online openly reject a guy like that as in my village, that's considered to be a bean pole.

Are you from Samoa?

Was listening to a radio show discussing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Washington DC and how strict the rules are for a soldier who wants to be a guard. The man's waist must not be larger than 30."