8 months ago, why can I move on?

guest569

Why cant i move on?

Heartbreak.. There is no solution and no escape. There is no comfort to be found. What can I do besides wait for time to work its magic?

I joined clubs, meetups, gym, pool, got promotions, got a pet, work in my garden, go for walks... I have dated again and fallen for someone and been hurt again a few times but I am still very much in love with my ex who broke my heart 8 months ago. I miss him so much and just want him back so badly. I feel distraught and miserable. Is it unreasonable to expect to be normal again by now?

I have never been through something so emotionally draining. I have lost and grieved, but I have never had heartbreak before this. What is the cure?

My friends haven't been there for me at all and i really needed them. I'm trying to make new friends but I need good old friends to get support from and dont have that.

I am not sure how long of a relationship you had, but I don't think it is out of the norm for you to still be finding it hard to move on. My previous ex before my most recent one was a 6 year relationship and I still think about her from time to time. The ache in my heart is barely there, but I still feel a bit a pain. We broke up 3.5 years ago. My current ex of 3 years has left a much larger scar on my heart and I don't expect to really feel normal until at least a year to year and half out (currently at 2.5 months break up, 3 weeks NC). We were together half the amount of time, but I was so madly in love with her that the heartbreak is so much worse than the 6 year relationship.

Emotions come and go, but a part of each person that was at some point important to us will exist as a scar on our heart. The bigger the scar, the longer the recovery. Keep hanging in there and staying strong.

• Like 2
I am not sure how long of a relationship you had, but I don't think it is out of the norm for you to still be finding it hard to move on. My previous ex before my most recent one was a 6 year relationship and I still think about her from time to time. The ache in my heart is barely there, but I still feel a bit a pain. We broke up 3.5 years ago. My current ex of 3 years has left a much larger scar on my heart and I don't expect to really feel normal until at least a year to year and half out (currently at 2.5 months break up, 3 weeks NC). We were together half the amount of time, but I was so madly in love with her that the heartbreak is so much worse than the 6 year relationship.

Emotions come and go, but a part of each person that was at some point important to us will exist as a scar on our heart. The bigger the scar, the longer the recovery. Keep hanging in there and staying strong.

Hockeydan said it all.

You have to realize that your break up was not like any one else, you have to be more careful and more practical with the timing.