Just be friendly?

Gloria25

Ok, I almost had a hook up with a dude...

When he was ready, I had a lot going on and by the time I was ready, he changed his mind because he is involved with someone.

Well, I pretty much wrote him off since then. I even went to the extent to avoid him out of embarrassment and being upset....Now that I've calmed down, we just say "hi" as we pass by each other on the regular. I think I've caught him checking me out, but we haven't spoken since our attempts to hook up.

The issue is that I have my moments where I get excited when I see him. I mean, the attraction is still there...but, since he made it clear he's not interested I have my moments where I just want to go back into pretending he doesn't exist because the tension of just wanting get naked with I'm is something I haven't gotten over with.:mad:

I have nothing to lose in just being friendly, right?:)

Supernatural
Ok, I almost had a hook up with a dude...

When he was ready, I had a lot going on and by the time I was ready, he changed his mind because he is involved with someone.

Well, I pretty much wrote him off since then. I even went to the extent to avoid him out of embarrassment and being upset....Now that I've calmed down, we just say "hi" as we pass by each other on the regular. I think I've caught him checking me out, but we haven't spoken since our attempts to hook up.

The issue is that I have my moments where I get excited when I see him. I mean, the attraction is still there...but, since he made it clear he's not interested I have my moments where I just want to go back into pretending he doesn't exist because the tension of just wanting get naked with I'm is something I haven't gotten over with.:mad:

I have nothing to lose in just being friendly, right?:)

This post just gave me cancer.

So, when you're busy and involved you can write him off and "err thang okay?", but when he does it to you, you get pissy?

Women...

• Like 4
  • Author
This post just gave me cancer.

So, when you're busy and involved you can write him off and "err thang okay?", but when he does it to you, you get pissy?

Women...

I didn't blow him off...I legitimately had stuff going on and when he just sprung on me he was ready, it caught me off guard.

I am not playing games or anything. I told him I'd reschedule and I did.

I sometimes I wonder if him shooting me down was cuz he thought I was playing games. :confused:

Supernatural
Well, I pretty much wrote him off since then. I even went to the extent to avoid him out of embarrassment and being upset...

This whole post is about your ego and you're afraid of it getting damaged. Put yourself out there.

• Author
This whole post is about your ego and you're afraid of it getting damaged. Put yourself out there.

Well, I feel like I'm putting myself out there by being friendly to him...which makes being friendly so difficult. I feel so stupid grinning and smiling to some guy who turned me down. :(

Supernatural
Well, I feel like I'm putting myself out there by being friendly to him...which makes being friendly so difficult. I feel so stupid grinning and smiling to some guy who turned me down. :(

"Hi" is putting yourself out there????

Smiling and being flirty is good. If he get's weird because of that, that's his issues and judgement. If so, move on. But surely you're not putting yourself out there.

• Like 1

Men do NOT pick up on subliminal messages. We need things to be BLUNT and clear.

Flirting is clear.

As others have said you're going to have to put yourself out there. The whole "I got busy" sure it can be a legit reason. But that line is commonly used as a means of rejection by both men and women.

Most people also wont buy into it. We all get busy with life. But when you sit there and tell someone you can't find ANY time for them.. That says a lot about the level of your interest.

• Like 2
Most people also wont buy into it. We all get busy with life. But when you sit there and tell someone you can't find ANY time for them.. That says a lot about the level of your interest.

Well said Dork Vader. Got real busy. Lamest excuse ever. No one is too bust these days to pick up the phone or send a quick text.

• Author
Well said Dork Vader. Got real busy. Lamest excuse ever. No one is too bust these days to pick up the phone or send a quick text.

Men do NOT pick up on subliminal messages. We need things to be BLUNT and clear.

Flirting is clear.

As others have said you're going to have to put yourself out there. The whole "I got busy" sure it can be a legit reason. But that line is commonly used as a means of rejection by both men and women.

I guess no one is reading my replies...:confused:

With this guy I am/was VERY clear about my intention to hook up with him. Even though I didn't meet up with him on his 'last minute' notice to me that he was available, I not only offered a rain check, but like a week later "I" came to him with a date for us to hook-up....AND, he interrupted me and said he was no longer interested in hooking up.

So, I was and am not playing games with this guy and have been very clear about my interest in him.

The issue is that now he said he no longer wants to hook-up, I just feel stupid in being friendly with a guy who I am attracted to, but lost interest in me.