co-worker tried on my dress without asking

I have a question and need some input. I was at work today and had a few dresses in my office for an after-work party that we were having at work. A co-worker came in and asked me about my dresses, and I told her I wasn't sure because one of the dresses was a tiny bit big as I have lost weight. Without even asking me she tried on the dress and asked me to zip it up. I was floored and just gave her the dress because I was just so surprised she would try it on like that. I don't know why a person would do that, is it okay for me to be shocked? I don't know what to think about this.

Candy_Pants

She stripped down in your office and tried on your dress??

She obviously thinks you two are close. Are you?

melodicintention

I probably would have been weirded out by someone doing that also. I've had some close coworkers in the past, but never could imagine one of them doing such a thing. It's personal to put on someones clothing, and can be kinda gross too. I get stressed bad if people simply touch my guitar much less pick it up, so I hear you about putting their body inside of your clean and personal clothing.

• Author

I guess I just felt it was odd that she never even asked me if she could try it on its like she just put it on on top of her dress, and its almost like I had to give it to her at that point.

It's a put off that she didn't ask first.

That might indicate that she's rather self-entitled. I'd keep a watch out for other encroachment on your boundaries.

Why did you give her the dress?

I find it very bizarre that she would try on your clothes without asking. Establish solid boundaries with her so she doesn't encroach on your personal space.

And you didn't try to stop her at all?

Did she take it out of your hand or something and then you went into shock?

The most alarming part is either your office or you have no boundaries or another co-worker wouldn't be stripping down in your office! If she's doing that to you, what the hell is she doing in the men's offices?