friendship experts: was i at fault for ruining two friendships?

So there's these two guys at my school. At my school, we have the IB program, which is known for being very challenging. I was in the IB for a year before I dropped down to the regular curriculum. Anyway, when I was in the IB, one of those guys, let's call him George, asked me if it was hard. I answered no, and said that if you do your work hard enough, you'll be fine. So when George entered the IB, he found it INCREDIBLY stressful, and complained and whined nonstop. He kinda started calling me hurtful words, like "custy ****er" and mother****er and whatnot.

Now Fred, the other guy, was just disrespectful throughout my time knowing him. He ignored me, and treated me like crap when he wasn't ignoring me. What more can I say?

I have OCD, which makes me kind of delusional at times. One of my obsessions is that everyone is against me, and my compulsion is to lash out in order to defend myself.

One Friday, while I, George and Fred were both in a room together, we kind of got into an argument. Fred finally said that he respects everyone else except me. My OCD gave me that suspicion; I snapped. I hurled insult after insult at Fred, and threatened to bring a knife to school and kill him.

Now, it's not surprising that our relationships have gone down the drain because of that. George and his family think that I should be jailed, and am unstable. Fred and George both hate me.

I just want some other opinions on whose fault it is. I was talking to a friend who knows about the incident the other day, and he said that although he does understand me completely, he partially thinks it's my fault. What do you think?

Edited by tobeover
Mondmellonw

Did this "George" insulted you directly?

You say: "He kinda started calling me hurtful words, like "custy ****er" and mother****er and whatnot"

I think it wasn't OK for you to insult them. However, this guy told you he didn't respected you, so this doesn't looks like you lost a friendship to me.

Where was the friendship, really?

whichwayisup
I snapped. I hurled insult after insult at Fred, and threatened to bring a knife to school and kill him.

This is a bit much. OCD or not, you need to have self control, think before you speak. Saying that could land you at the cop station if they told the teacher you said that.

These two guys were never your friends, real friends wouldn't treat you the way they have. That guy shouldn't have taken just your word on the IB program without researching himself and asking more people about it or looked into the program before joining. Seems he didn't have the coping skills to handle the work load and stress to begin with.

The other guy is just an a.ss!

You're better off without them as friends. Let it go and be with your other friends.

you are in a competitive environment - not much niceness can happen

so forget it for now, it is not doing you any good, but getting to the top as best as you can will be the making of you, or a better plan anyway than worrying about two shmoes

expertly: beware of ppl who do not care if you are happy or sad (expert/60 y o) just do not take them seriously, no more seriously than the mailman, all just walk-on players in your life (mailmen are nicer, mind you)

Edited by darkmoon

You have indicated pretty clearly that these two people have added little or no value to your life. They may not be worth holding onto, or even thinking about, for that matter.

Now your issue with threats. That as to stop as of now. Don't ever do that again. Speaking from years of experience, your mouth can get you in trouble you don't even know about, and can easily ruin your life. Not to mention if someone takes your threats wrong, and they come for you...

You are playing a dangerous game. And in all honesty you should be jailed for what you said.

As far as them thinking you are unstable goes...

A man who cannot keep a reign on his own tongue is unstable. The epitome of it, in fact. Let's start working on that today.

• Like 1

With all the things going on in the news with guns and knives you threatened that?

I would have went to the cops to be honest.

When I was in high school, a kid would tell everyone he was going to shoot his mother, no one actually believed it, till he shot and killed his mother. So ya, threats like that are taken real serious by me. Get some help, that is not a normal response to people not liking you.