LDR Family affecting decision to move

I'm currently on the train, bawling my eyes out, leaving my American boyfriend behind from the train station and heading back to my hometown in Canada. We've been together for almost two and a half years and it has been wonderful. We live 350 miles apart, he used to be welcome at my parents house and spend days on end there (I'm 21 and just finished two bachelors degrees and live at home). I would also spend time at his house in the US (he lives with his mom and grandfather with dementia). This past October, he made my family very angry by pointing out things to their attention (some very true points and others some that he needed to keep quiet about)..long story short he and my family do not speak and he isn't allowed to come over anymore. So lately it has just been me going the US (which I enjoy because I love getting away from home). We are getting to that point in our relationship where we need to make a decision of who is going to move where,as every goodbye gets even harder. Right now it makes more sense for me to move there because of my education/occupation and because I love the area that he lives. His mom also offered to have me live there until we can get on our feet. However, my family comes in the way of making this decision as they do not want me to move anywhere out of Canada and will be very angry at me. Has anyone else experienced this situation, or have any advice to offer? I'm sorry this was so long, but it's not even the full story and very complicated. Thanks :rolleyes:

soccerrprp

deanna.g,

Job prospects are better in the USA? Where he is?

You are 21, an adult and free to make your own decisions. I mean, what if you planned to work in the USA b/c of a nice employment opportunity? Would they object then? Or is it only b/c they know the move if for this guy who has offended them?

Is your relationship serious? I mean, after 2.5 years, if you move, will you just continue dating? Or is there a plan to UP the commitment? Any chance you and your bf could find a place together in the USA? A few questions to ask yourself, but ultimately, you are an adult and need to make decisions that are best for you first and foremost.

Has your bf made an earnest effort to apologize? Patch things up?