Crush on coworker

We're both single and middle aged so I should know better.

He touches on the arm, or will squeeze my shoulders if he is passing. If my hair is down (rarely) he touches it or twirls it around. He kissed me on the forehead to say goodbye this week (we were in the pub).

I'm a bit confused by these signals. Am I reading it wrong because I am attracted to him?

I don't think you are reading it wrong. This is not normal behavior between colleagues. The thing is you don't know what he wants, he would possibly just wanna hookup with you. Also, is he's at ease with these gestures in your work environment I would be suspicious, maybe you're not the first one he's tried to charm.

• Like 1
  • Author

I didn't think it was normal behaviour and he hasn't been with the company for long so I don't know him well enough to know if he is just very tactile, or what he wants.

Any advice or insight into the male mind would be appreciated.

I didn't think it was normal behaviour and he hasn't been with the company for long so I don't know him well enough to know if he is just very tactile, or what he wants.

Any advice or insight into the male mind would be appreciated.

He likes you. Make a move if the feeling is mutual.

• Like 1
Secret Advisor

This isn't "normal" behavior between coworkers, so clearly he likes you more than a casual acquaintance.

• Like 1
  • Author

Are you talking about asking him out? Although I'm confident, I'm a little bit old fashioned and expect a man to 'make a move'. I would be up for something more subtle if you have any good suggestions

Disco Lemonade
Are you talking about asking him out? Although I'm confident, I'm a little bit old fashioned and expect a man to 'make a move'. I would be up for something more subtle if you have any good suggestions

The "devil eyes" followed by a lingering eye lock is always a solid choice

You're confused, because his actions leave you 'hanging'. You don't know what they mean. That's why you feel attracted to him.

If he has the balls to touch you like that, then he shouldn't have any problem asking you out.

See, he's trying to make 'you' asking him out. So that he doesn't have to put any more effort.

I would pull back and try to act colder towards him. Let's see what he'll do if you do that ?

RebelWithoutACause

It is indeed strange coworker behavior. But I wouldn't read too much into it. He's definitely not shy to touch you, play with your hair and kiss your forehead so he shouldn't be shy to ask you out if he likes you. Maybe he just likes the thrill of the flirt. Don't get over excited and proceed with caution.

By the way, I don't know what line of work you're in, but if you like it you are better off not getting involved with a coworker.