ok do any of you ladies know of a fast & easy solution to getting these stupid things off?!!!! lol

they've been on for a while now and i need a quick way to getting them off. i heard soaking in nail polish remover works but that would take a long time right?

there is no "quick" and painless way i know of.

soaking them in ACETONE will help more than nail polish remover (which is usually non-acetone).

but you will have to peel and soak, peel and soak. then you will probably still need to pry them off, like with a cuticle stick. and that hurts :eek: . cause you are actually taking most of the top layers of your nail off. :confused:

so your nails will be quite thin and weak, till they grow out.

i :love: love :love: fake nails, they make my hands look soo very nice! but :sick: ewww :sick: ...i got this fungi under one thuimb nail once...i thought my nail would fall off and would look horrid forever, but *whew* it it all better! :bunny:

but no more nails for me after that :(

ps~ if you cut them with the clippers, you risk splitting your nail down into the nail bed.....so be careful!!!!!!

HokeyReligions

The last time I had acrylic nails I would file then down and file/sand the tops of them too to make them as thin as possible and just wear shorter nails. When they grew out to where they were bending my nails I soaked them in acetone and peeled them off--they were thinner then and it didn't damage so much of my nail. Plus, when I sanded them from the top down I also buffed them and kept a clear top-coat on for a while and the line was barely noticable.

I love long nails (mine are long now, though I just chipped one) and while its nice to not have to worry about breaking them, they require time and money to maintain and its so inconvenient!

If you paid that much to have them put on....I would suggest you pay to have them taken off.

Less damage if you leave it to the professional. Then I would suggest a manicure with nail hardener treatment to get you started on the road to growing back "real" nails.

I love my acrylics, I think I'm stuck with them for life! :love:

Yes, file them down to thin them, and then soak them in pure acetone. It takes about thirty minutes, and your finger tips will hate you, but it will come off.

I tried to get my nails off myself the first time, not recommended.

So the next time I went back to the salon to get them taken off, I figured they would have a magical 'nail remover', they didn't. They cut the tip as much as they could and then pried the rest off with a cuticle stick. Maybe I just went to the wrong place but I don't think there are many easy ways to get those things off.

I agree with all of the above, it sucks to get them off. Llama thats a domo-kun, at least according to FARK.com(hilarious site!).

They cut the tip as much as they could and then pried the rest off with a cuticle stick. Maybe I just went to the wrong place.

I wouldn't go back there again!

My salon cut mine back, soaked them in bowls of acetone/water and then treated them afterwards to minimise the damage!

It's not that expensive to go back to the salon & have them take them off for you - just a few bucks. But I always just took them off myself - no soaking or treatment or anything. Just wedged a nail file underneath & popped them off. Bad idea. My real nails looked *horrible* afterwards.

Like some of the people on here said, go to the nail place and have them remove 'em for you. I don't know approximately how much are the price where you are at but where I live you only pay 5 bucks.