A bit upset

BreakOnThrough

My wife and I went to a friends house and there were three other couples there. There was a lot of drinking, I don't drink, BTW, and a few couples were playing a game at the kitchen table, us included. Well, I didn't know what was going on "under the table" but my wife mentioned that one of the husbands was rubbing her leg with his foot when we were driving home. She told me this happened a couple of times and she pushed/kicked his leg away. She kind of downplayed it, saying that he was just joking around, or maybe she imagined it because she was pretty drunk. I am a bit upset by the whole thing, should I be? I really don't want to interact with the couple anymore and she feels a bit differently. She is good friends with his wife and I feel she should tell her. Not sure what else I can do... but if I see HIM again, I may have a problem keeping MY feet and hands to myself... She thinks I am being a bit over the top, but what Guy rubs another Woman's leg while the husband is right there? Jeez... :mad:

Your wife can't help it that other people are morons and freaks. She likely told you in efforts to be honest, open...not to upset you or piss you off.

I'm interpreting that it was NOT your wife's friend's husband. If that is the case, just leave it all alone. Whichever one of the other husband's did that is a freak and a moron. No need to burden yourself, your wife, the hosting couple any further or potentially create unnecessary rifts...in the end it just gives that jerk way more power over you and the others than he merits, deserves.

• Author
BreakOnThrough

"I'm interpreting that it was NOT your wife's friend's husband"

Thanks for the reply,

It IS my wife's friend's husband. She is pretty close with her too. We have also went out with them as a couple a few times. I don't think my wife wants to cause any rifts, though, which I guess I can understand. Me on the other hand? I would LOVE to cause a rift, in the middle of the Guy's face...

I would LOVE to cause a rift, in the middle of the Guy's face...

:) Yes, and I can totally understand why!

Can you see your way clear to giving some understanding due to the fact that the guy was or may have been drunk?

And then...I'd maybe want to have a private chat with him. Just to say, "Please don't do that again and we won't have any problems and I don't want your foolishness to spoil things between our wives. But if you do do that again we are going to have some pretty serious problems, you and I."

You can stay on the high road AND protect your wife from the freaks and morons who unfortunately share our planet with us.

• Like 2