"Only message me if you're good looking."

Okay, I came across this profile of a woman who had a pretty well written and thought out profile, she said she was looking for a Christian man and listing some pretty well thought out qualities that I have....then I see this "stand-alone" sentence.

"Only message me if you're good looking".

Okay, isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder.

How can I judge that?

If I'm a guy, and I am thinking I'm good looking, but to her I'm ugly as sin....well, it just doesn't make sense to put that in a profile, right? LOL

I think that everyone has an idea of whether he/she is considered good looking or not. Sad, but there are profiles like that. I you think you are attractive, ignore such messages and just send an email. It's all silly, really.

• Like 1
Okay, I came across this profile of a woman who had a pretty well written and thought out profile, she said she was looking for a Christian man and listing some pretty well thought out qualities that I have....then I see this "stand-alone" sentence.

How can I judge that?

If I'm a guy, and I am thinking I'm good looking, but to her I'm ugly as sin....well, it just doesn't make sense to put that in a profile, right? LOL

Then she probably wrote it to weed out guys thinking like you.

A guy should be confident in himself and not second guess himself on a slightest question thrown by any stranger.

• Like 3

I kinda agree with both the above schools of thought:

Theres something to be said for the fact that she wont get any guys with low self-esteem or low confidence messaging her.

Where as id take a punt that saying "I like confident guys" wouldn't work as well, id of though people probably think they can fake that.

And if she does mean she only wants proper good looking lads, well you don't judge how good looking you are, other people do - by like telling you directly with compliments or lack of and also by the how good looking other people around you are deemed to be and how you compare to them.

How do you learn that features like a ripped chest, white teeth or a strong jaw line are attractive - because you hear girls say so all your life.

• Like 1

irc:

Heck, if she wants your opinion, be a stone cold fox...make way for gorgeous, built like a brick sh*tter, strutting irc's stuff. She wishes she had a boyfriend that looked like you. :lmao:

Don't let that one little caveat stop you even if you look like a dungeon troll with one eye and a nose full of snot. :p

Ask her out,

Grumps

• Like 1
regine_phalange

Message her that you are good looking according to the views of the zulu tribe about beauty.

...I should have been a man....

• Author

Like me? Nope, not like me, I know I'm good looking. LOL But it's online dating, so it's pretty much a moot point, because these women browse tons of profiles and see pictures and determine their attraction there at first glance.

I did think This MAY be a round about way to determine if the guy she's seeking has confidence, but since its online dating...I seriously doubt it....and means what was stated LITERALLY."

She didn't say, "Email me if you THINK you are good looking" she stated, "Email me if your only good looking"

Big difference.

Then she probably wrote it to weed out guys thinking like you.

A guy should be confident in himself and not second guess himself on a slightest question thrown by any stranger.

Possibly being humorous? I love it as a confidence test, how silly if he's just arrogant, at least women don't play games-lmao!

• Like 1

How can I judge that?

I like that she put a positive spin on her statement, as opposed to 'don't message me if you're not good-looking'. I judge it as a 'hook', and it worked. A more pedestrian profile would have faded away.

If you found her attractive, message her.

• Like 1

I would say " hey, I'm good looking enough to message you, but I didn't want to hit on you. I just wanted to tell you that you may be pretty on the outside, but you seem pretty ugly on the inside. Have a nice day . "

Edited by Keenly
  • Like 3

How can I judge that?

I guess it would be more telling of how confident you are if you dare to respond to that. Wich is actually a quality women prefer over looks, or at least the ones I was with.

I don't look bad but I'm no Brad Pitt either. Yet I'm confident.

You can respond 'send me a picture first to determine if I want to respond' if you haven't seen one yet :p

Possibly being humorous? I love it as a confidence test, how silly if he's just arrogant, at least women don't play games-lmao!

Hadn't considered it that way. Usually, I tend to perceive women that say 'message me only if you're good looking' as arrogant, 'talk-to-the-hand' types of people I wouldn't want to bother with anyway. They're so self-absorbed that they never consider the possibility that the men who might look at their profile don't consider them to be good looking enough to respond.

• Like 1
I would say " hey, I'm good looking enough to message you, but I didn't want to hit on you. I just wanted to tell you that you may be pretty on the outside, but you seem pretty ugly on the inside. Have a nice day . "

Perfect. Exactly the kind of response I would send. :laugh:

never liked the idea of putting that in a profile, comes across as shallow and judgmental in my opinion.