3 year long distance relationship and sex has died?

hopelessromantic1990

hopelessromantic1990

3 year long distance relationship. Within 1 month of dating I moved from New Jersey to New York. About 1 hour distance. She's in New Jersey. We work full time so we spend maybe almost every weekend together majority of the time at her place (she lives with her parents)....(I live with my father)

I honestly can't remember the last time we even had sex. Let alone actual passionate love making. For the first almost 2 years we were so passionate, and hot, couldn;t keep our hands off each other. And the strange thing is when that's when we have had the most problems. HUGE problems. Now it's not like that anymore and the last year the sex has just died.

I still get in the mood very much, but because the cycle of going so long not showing any affection to each other kind of made me not even try to make a move on my own girlfriend. We still spoil each other with gifts and everything else you can image is working out well. Back when she use to be all over me, when we were having sex quite a lot, and when it was passionate I could cry is when I pretty much found out she was cheating on me. No physical proof but she basically lived a double life on facebook. Since though, no issues..

So I'm having trouble understanding why did the flame burn out? Is it a sign of our breaking point? I love the girl with all my heart. And no matter how many times I try talking to her about this she just simply never understands and takes everything the wrong way. Someone please, give me some helpful here. I appreciate it.

3 year long distance relationship. Within 1 month of dating I moved from New Jersey to New York. About 1 hour distance. She's in New Jersey. We work full time so we spend maybe almost every weekend together majority of the time at her place (she lives with her parents)....(I live with my father)

I honestly can't remember the last time we even had sex. Let alone actual passionate love making. For the first almost 2 years we were so passionate, and hot, couldn;t keep our hands off each other. And the strange thing is when that's when we have had the most problems. HUGE problems. Now it's not like that anymore and the last year the sex has just died.

I still get in the mood very much, but because the cycle of going so long not showing any affection to each other kind of made me not even try to make a move on my own girlfriend. We still spoil each other with gifts and everything else you can image is working out well. Back when she use to be all over me, when we were having sex quite a lot, and when it was passionate I could cry is when I pretty much found out she was cheating on me. No physical proof but she basically lived a double life on facebook. Since though, no issues..

So I'm having trouble understanding why did the flame burn out? Is it a sign of our breaking point? I love the girl with all my heart. And no matter how many times I try talking to her about this she just simply never understands and takes everything the wrong way. Someone please, give me some helpful here. I appreciate it.

There are some similarities to my situation:

1. She lives with her parents', I live with my mother

2. For the first several years(it has been six), we talked daily. Since the beginning of the year, we have sometimes not talked for two weeks.

3. She used to spoil me with gifts(for financial reasons I could not reciprocate to the level she had gone), this year she hasn't sent anything.

4. While your girlfriend cheated on you, mine has been trying anything to get me to break up with her but, I don't see any reason to(while at the same time she refuses to break up with me).

Edited by Chris516
mine has been trying anything to get me to break up with her but, I don't see any reason to(while at the same time she refuses to break up with me).

You mean like this?

• Like 1