Amazing find inside of used bible

TheFinalWord

Pretty cool story :)

“I call it my OMG story … my Oh my God,” Marion Shurtleff said of her moving discovery. She told CBS2′s Stacey Butler that five months ago she walked into a tiny new and used bookstore and bought a used Bible. “I thought a while that I’d like to have another Bible to compare with my Bible that I had to see how the verses changed,” she said. “I flipped through it. I liked it.” When she took it home, she noticed a yellowed folded letter inside. “And a couple times, I opened the Bible and I looked at this side and I looked at the other side,” she said. Two months went by before Shurtleff took a closer look. “And then I opened it up, and instantly I saw my name,” she explained. “I recognized my handwriting. I hollered. I started shaking. I cried. I had goose bumps.” Slipped in between the pages was an essay that Shurtleff wrote 65 years ago to earn her merit badge for Girl Scouts, when she was living 2,000 miles away. It read in part, “Be kind to animals. Do not pick flowers. Don’t walk on the grass.” A cancer survivor, Shurtleff sees the discovery as a sign from above and has an idea of how she'll solve the mystery.

Watch the full clip for more.

Amazing find inside of used bible | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen

• Like 3
pureinheart
Pretty cool story :)

“I call it my OMG story … my Oh my God,” Marion Shurtleff said of her moving discovery. She told CBS2′s Stacey Butler that five months ago she walked into a tiny new and used bookstore and bought a used Bible. “I thought a while that I’d like to have another Bible to compare with my Bible that I had to see how the verses changed,” she said. “I flipped through it. I liked it.” When she took it home, she noticed a yellowed folded letter inside. “And a couple times, I opened the Bible and I looked at this side and I looked at the other side,” she said. Two months went by before Shurtleff took a closer look. “And then I opened it up, and instantly I saw my name,” she explained. “I recognized my handwriting. I hollered. I started shaking. I cried. I had goose bumps.” Slipped in between the pages was an essay that Shurtleff wrote 65 years ago to earn her merit badge for Girl Scouts, when she was living 2,000 miles away. It read in part, “Be kind to animals. Do not pick flowers. Don’t walk on the grass.” A cancer survivor, Shurtleff sees the discovery as a sign from above and has an idea of how she'll solve the mystery.

Watch the full clip for more.

Amazing find inside of used bible | Watch the video - Yahoo! Screen

This is a really cool story! I don't trust those who do not like animals- just a pet peeve of mine:D

• Like 4
  • Author
TheFinalWord
This is a really cool story! I don't trust those who do not like animals- just a pet peeve of mine:D

Proverbs 12:10a

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast :)

• Like 2

Whoa! Just last night I was reading that verse!!

(more "puff", but it makes me smile ;):p;))

• Like 2
pureinheart

Awwwwww, now in tears again...God is soooo cool. I know our furbabies will be with us in heaven (furbabies is a term I stole (lol) from a really cool person:D)...

• Like 1
pureinheart
Whoa! Just last night I was reading that verse!!

(more "puff", but it makes me smile ;):p;))

It made me freak out (in a good way this time:D)...not that I think I'm righteous (through Jesus yes, but you know), but confirmation that God does hold a high regard for furbabies. Have never seen this Scripture before!

• Like 1
Forever Learning

I really enjoyed this article and shared it with my family. Thanks for sharing, it is really amazing! :)

p.s. My video player is broken so I only read the article. Can't wait to watch the video on a different computer when I get the chance.

• Like 1