Professional or romantic?

browniecalgary

Hi there,

I am relatively new here and have received good answer to my questions so far, hence know people give good opinions on this forum.

About 6/7 months back, I met a girl who is an event organizer and we exchanged glances, spoke for a while and gave my business card upon being asked. After that I used to get invited to various events and used to attend those that interested me. At the beginning of one event she spoke to me about my profession, showing bit of interest in what I do.

We kept exchanging e-mails, telling a bit of our professional lives and met few more times in the events. I normally meet people over coffee (at a professional level) as part of my networking endeavours and proposed the same to her. A meeting was arranged on a Friday after work, which she gave a little twist by proposing to go for a walk in the park.

I thoroughly enjoyed the walk, spoke about our professional & personal lives but at the end parted ways though I offered to drop her home in my car. A week later when I am thinking back am a bit confused if a professional meeting is tending to get romantic, or it is just my weird mind that is turning things to look the way I feel good :)

Any suggestions please?

january2011

She's an events organizer. It's her job to be nice to people, network and develop business for her company/clients.

The walk in the park can be a more informal meeting, but I don't think it was necessarily romantic unless either of you crossed the touch barrier. She might have felt that a walk would have been nice to clear her head after a long day.

I suggest that you don't look anything more into this beyond doing business unless you see more explicit signs of attraction on her end.

Besides, there's nothing in your OP to suggest that you were attracted to each other. You didn't even mention whether you found her attractive and would be open to something more.

• Author
browniecalgary

Thanks January for the inputs. You are very true on the clear her head part as that is what she mentioned during the walk. On touch, I was conscious that I shouldn't touch her too much on the first meet although didn't see her turning away if I ever got close.

On attraction, well there was a bit of it on both sides during the walk which I think is naturally. Because we found each other interesting we agreed to go for a walk. During the walk, we mostly spoke about personal lives except a few conversations on job, which actually I introduced.

On your last paragraph, I wouldn't jump to conclusions right away, but yes I do like her company. As I mentioned before, she makes it a point to talk to me after or before an event, or even sit besides me at some events :).

I just want to wait & watch without being judgemental, but for sure she is probably they type of girl I like.

Thx

january2011

Suggest a date and make it clear that it's a date.

It's worth bearing in mind though, that the risk are that she's not interested, was just "doing her job," and your future interactions could be very awkward.

Decision is yours.

Standard-Fare

I personally think it's too early to be proposing a date -- UNLESS you've come to a natural end in your work-related associations with her, and you might not see her again.

But if you'll see her again in a professional context, it's worth gauging the vibe a little more. It sounds like this one could go either way.

Definitely don't rule OUT the possibility of romantic vibes, though. It's certainly possible. Next time you see her maybe test the waters with some more overt flirting, and show more interest in the "personal" than "professional."

• Author
browniecalgary

That's a good point Standard! Actually during the walk she mentioned she is moving to a different role and in a follow up mail mentioned about staying in touch by going to networking events together.

On testing the waters by flirting, I did that quite a bit this time actually :). She was responding but cautiously. Maybe she wants to take it slow, which I am okay with.

I sent a follow up mail on return, which was replied to. What do you all think about giving her the gift of missing me? In other words, should I go quiet for a while and see if she initiates contact? Thanks in advance for your advise.

Cheers