- facebook messages

hopelessrom182

hopelessrom182

I went to school with a really cute guy and we haven't spoken in years.

he started speaking to on facebook after xmas as was suggesting that we meet up. last week i posted on fb that i want to see a movie and he asked me out on a date. I replied 'are you being serious' and he messaged back saying 'do you want me to be serious' and i messaged back saying 'yes, i would like to go for dinner with you but don't worry if not :D' and heard nothing for a day. I then message him and asked if he wanted to go to the pub for a quiz with me that night, with a girly friend and her boyf, and he said 'im already off out with someone tonight x'

I am so confused. normally he's always online but he's completely disappeared. i genuinally thought he was interested but now he's just disappeared.

I sent a message saying 'you are confusing x' he read it on sunday and havent heard back since.

please help. confused.com. i kinda like him and have for a while!!!

You are sort of flipping between being timid and too intense in your messages to him right now. Some problems I could see in your current communication -

*Don't sound all enthusiastic about going on a date and then negate it in the same sentence with something negative like "don't worry if not." That would make me not want to go out with someone. I'd be more like, "If you want to go to a movie or hang out or something in the next couple weeks, let me know and maybe we can get together." Be casual and put in a sort of loose timeframe.

*Inviting him out to the pub was cool, but did you specify that it was with your girlfriend and her boyfriend to him? If so, it might have worried him that you were basically setting him up on a double date at the last minute.

*He politely responded to your invite and told you that he was busy, so you shouldn't have sent him the "you are confusing" text. It makes it sound like you are already way too invested in a relationship with him before one has even started, if that makes sense. It makes it sound like you think he already owes you something and he should drop his plans for you.

*Do not panic if he doesn't immediately respond to your messages or isn't online constantly. I'm sure he has other stuff to do.

At this point, I would advise you to not send him any more messages until he gets back to you. Hopefully he just ignores the "you are confusing" text...

• Like 1