Does he have a right to talk down to me?

lexnmike4enomore

lexnmike4enomore

To make a long story short,

I live with my boyfriend in a house that he bought. I don't make enough money to give him anything to help him out. He can do everything by himself but i feel bad only doing the cooking and cleaning and laundry and yada yada yada. So B/C i don't pay anything he feels that i owe him my life for putting a roof over my head. Does he have the right to talk down to me? And i mean he talks very mean to me. So every time i say something to him..he says "I put a roof over your head...i can talk to you any way i want." The problem is.....i have NOWHERE else to go. I have no family anywhere here to go to. I planned on marrying him so we settled. What do i do?

No, he doesn't have a right to talk down to you like that. Do you even have a car you can sleep in? I mean, the reason I say that is because the next time he says that to you, I'd leave and drive off somewhere where you can just sleep in the car. If he wants to be such the man to say that he put a roof over your head, then take away the roof that you put over his head, (If you get my meaning).

If you are planning on marrying this guy, he's gonna have to realize that he's actually giving you 50% of that house in the laws eyes, ( Unless you sign a prenup ). You cook and clean for him right? So basically you're taking care of the house for him too.

It's selfish of him to act this way. Also, isn't the man suppose to provide shelter for his family? If he has any kind of honor he wouldn't hold this over your head everytime a silly arguement comes up.

Next time he says that to you, make him sleep alone!!!

Okay, so you do the cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Have you ever priced how much it costs to have maid service, or a personal cook, or laundry service? Check it out. I have a feeling that you are more than making up for your room and board by doing those chores.

Also, I would think twice about marrying a guy that thinks he can talk any way he wants to anyone, let alone the woman he loves. He is demeaning you, and disrespecting you, and you know it.

I would get another job, either a better paying job, or another one in addition to the one you have now. And I would move out. If you can't afford to live on your own, find a roomate.

You have to make a decision about how you want to live your life. This man is acting like an abusive father, not a boyfriend.