One of those days..

dazedandconfused17

dazedandconfused17

I have been in a LDR for a month already and i saw him a week ago and today is just one of those days that I feel really sad about him being gone. He is only a 8 hour drive away but we are both in school so I won't be going to see him until the 14th of February. Today has just been one of those days that I miss him so much and miss just being able to see him and be together. All I keep thinking about is that there's still another 2 weeks of this and it breaks my heart and i've just been having a real tough day. I know i can't do anything about it since we won't be seeing each other for another 2 1/2 weeks but I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how I can feel better? I just wish I could be with him right now :( do any of you get this feeling at times? it's silly to ask since i'm sure you have but probably hearing other peoples stories and how they cope with it will make me feel somewhat better.

I know how you feel, but it's been three months since I've seen my SO. I miss him like crazy, but he's flying in on February 14th, so I am excited about that.

I'm not going to lie and say that it ever gets easy to be without your SO, but you need to find ways to keep yourself occupied. I joined a gym, because not only does it allow me to work out frustrations, but it keeps me busy and I also get rewarded with feeling and looking better. I see it as something that helps my relationship with my SO.

You could spend time with friends, find a new hobby or become more involved in one that you already have. The best thing to do is stay busy! I work 9 hour days, and with commute time, I'm away from the house for 11. Add the gym time and everyday chores, and it leaves me with little time to obsess over my feelings of loneliness. Not to mention, time flies!

The hardest part of an LDR is the feeling of being physically alone. As long as you find things to occupy your time, it should help. I normally miss him the most while I'm lying in bed, about to go to sleep. That's when I dream of the future, send a quick e-mail or text, and let him know I miss him.

Hang in there!

• Author
dazedandconfused17

I understand. I recently just got a job and started last week and it did help a lot because I was distracted and the week went by a lot faster. it is hard but it helps also that we are constantly talking and we have facetime on our phones. Thank you so much for the kind words I appreciate it a lot :) good luck to you as well!