Proud Mommy - FINALLY getting off the bottle

supermom

I just wanted to post - I am so proud!! :D

I finally have gotten my 1 1/2 yr old to use a sippy ( I posted before how I couldn't get her off the bottle).

I have been letting her have the bottle at night, and eventually this will stop too. She cries for it, like an addiction, but I tell her shes too big for the bottle and that bottles are for babies, and I tell her shes a big girl, and she'll go "big girl" ( not as clear, cute toddler talk hehe).

Then I came home last night and her dad and her were eating. She wanted the sippy w/o a lid, and she did such a good job, I was clapping and sooo happy she just drank like a regular cup! I told her thats how mommy drinks her drinks and she seemed to understand, then wanted her sippy w/o the lid the rest of the night, and she was soooo cute being careful.

I just wanted to post. I'm such a happy mommy. My husband thinks she may not like the sippy lids, and may just start drinking out of the cup w/o lids, like just regular glasses.

Moms or Dads - is this something that happens sometimes? Kids skipping the "sippy cups" and just drinking from a regular cup? Or am I just too excited too soon?

he he bye :)

good for her! I think that if she sees others going without the bottle, she'll decide she won't want it because she wants to be big, just like them -- this has been my observation with the various nieces and nephews.

the sippy cup thing: no two kids are alike on how they develop or respond to situations, you may just be one of those lucky ones who has a child who shows dexterity at an early age!

are ya looking forward to the potty training stage coming up? :D