major discord

This is what could be called a multifaceted situation.

I married a man who had never been a father almost 6 years ago. When we married, I had all three of my children at home with me.....one preteen and two teenagers.

I met my husband in church and felt as if we had the same value system and standards to live by. Shortyly after we got married I realized I was wrong.

There was a disagreement between my son and my husband. My husband stopped talking to my son. For months. Nothing. I explained to my husband how hurtful and damaging this was to both my son and to our marraige but nothing changed.

My son eventually decided he wanted to live with his father in another state. Ever since I divorced his father I had promised him he could live with his dad when he was old enough to take care of himself....Dad unfortunately is an alcoholic. So when my son was 14-15 he asked to go live with his Dad. Not that it was something I wanted to do but because I had promised....I said yes ( his paternal grandmother lives close by and would also watch over him while he was down there). My husband said my son could not move down there. This was something that had been promised long before I ever even met this man and this was the same man who didn't even talk to my son. I told him that was not his decision. I had custody of my children and would allow my son to try living with his father if that is what he wanted to do.

Unfortunately because of Dad's drinking and lack of parental skills, the situation didn't work out and I brought my son back home. The majority of the time the man I am married to does not talk to us. I now have two children at home and weeks will go by without a word between him or my kids. He will call my oldest child who now lives on her own but this only makes me angry because it seems like he is showing favoritism to one out of the three.

I have begged for family counseling. He says it "is nonsense". My youngest daughter begs me to divorce him. It's not a happy home as far as our marraige goes but because of the complications of divorce, I've hestitated to pursue it.

Any thoughts on the mess we've made of things?

dudesomewhere

do things for the kids...they are your babies :) (I keep things short to avoid depressing thoughts)

• Author

thanks......

i agree. i'm pretty much all they've got and they will ALWAYS be first in my life.