Should I?

Hi, My H has had a problem with alcohol for some time now. Even though he may not be a falling down drunk, he feels he needs to drink to feel better for whatever reason. He refuses to get help. When he drinks, he sometimes acts angry and makes false accusations against me, hollars and shouts etc. It makes him mean. Even though he hasn't ever hit me or the kids, his whole attitude changes once he starts drinking. Last time he had a bottle in the house was about 2 or 3 weeks ago, because I told him I didn't want anymore alcohol in the house period!. Just 2 days ago he comes in with another bottle! I'm furious! Its like he doesn't care what I say or how I feel. I want to just pour it out! Should I? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, thanks.

You have every right to remove it from your home, but it would be more productive and less dangerous to get him into an alcohol treatment program pronto.

tattoomytoe

i agree with dyer- do not pour it out, that would not be good. maybe just place it in his car, that way it is not in the house.

Hi, thanks for the replys. He refuses to go get help. So if I don't pour it out, then I guess I either learn to live with it, or get out. Which i don't believe I'll be doing that. He can go, because I don't feel its right to up root the kids from their home and beds, toys etc because he wont go get help. Guess I'll tell him he needs to go until he makes up in his mind what he wants. If he refuses, then I don't know. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by tattoomytoe maybe just place it in his car, that way it is not in the house.

That wouldn't work, he may start the drink/driving thing.

The 1st thing is he has to admit he has a problem. Then he has to go to a help group by himself.

My suster is like that, she HAS to have a 6 pack every day but she's not a fall down drunk either. She's been doing that for the last ten years & still says she doesn't have a problem.