Just a kiss?

LostnConfusedChica

Need some advice here. One of my guy friends came and kissed me on the lips yesterday. Nothing hot and steamy, just a simple kiss on the lips. Now the back story: I was talking to my husband in the phone when my friend did this. I was sitting in my car with the window down, and he walked up the side of my vehicle, leaned though my window and kisses me! Then left since I was still on the phone. I've been with my husband for almost 10 years it I have to admit things have not been the best between us lately. We have a 3 year old together. Lately, all we seem to is fight. He gives me no affection. No hugs, kisses, nothing. this friend of mine is my support. I can tell him anything. Everyday I see him a get a hug and kiss on my cheek, forehead, whatever, just never on the lips before. I work with him, so I only see him a couple times a week. Am I over analyzing this kiss? Help!

This is why I never discuss relationship problems with members of the opposite sex... It's like saying "I'm miserable, come save me!" He clearly made a move on you. Why you thought all the hugs and kisses on the cheek/forehead were appropriate is beyond me. Get a girlfriend to talk to.

• Like 1
  • Author
LostnConfusedChica

Oh, what I would give to actually have a stable female friend to talk to. I've never really had any girlfriends to talk to consistently. They all turn into shallow backstabing b*tches who I can't trust. All of my friends throughout my entire life have been guys. : (

Guess I'm just setting myself up for failure.

I'm sorry. I am grateful for my one good female friend. She is about 20 years older than I am, but our maturity levels are pretty spot on. I do not share the same closeness with female friends that are my age.

I also used to have mostly guy friends, but it usually lead to them wanting more, because let's face it, most people are looking to settle down or at least hook up. You cannot be emotionally intimate without those thoughts crossing one or both of your minds. It's tricky territory for sure.

I think you need to distance yourself from this man and refocus on your marriage. Also, get involved with other things such as a new hobby, exercise, a group that interests you. It's not going to happen over night, but you will make new connections to decent people.

Good luck.

• Author
LostnConfusedChica

Well, I guess I won't have to worry anymore. Just found out he's moving to a different state for a job. Maybe it was a goodbye kiss! LOL!

I'm gonna try to be more careful though. ; )

The_Middleman

Dump the male friend. He cross a line and does not deserve your trust any more. This friendship with him will only hurt your marriage and any chances of making it better over the long run.