Well I was wrong.

for the love of god dude. actually STAY NO CONTACT when you threaten you will. it's getting sad. no wonder she says xoxo and keeps msging you, BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS END UP GIVING HER THE ATTENTION SHE NEEDS WHEN SHE DOES. it's literally foolproof. she wins every time. i'm sorry man, but it's hard for me to watch this. please start NOW and stop feeding her ego, which is what you're doing. she must feel like the most amazing chick on the planet...she even teases you about it here " ill leave u alone. So u can get over me, good luck with that x" even she is openly telling you she doesn't believe u can get over her. and why blame her. from here on end, NO MATTER WHAT SHE SAYS, F***ING IGNORE. she could say..."but i f*cking love you alex...i'm sorry for everything :(" and u still ignore. do u understand?

• Author
AlexanderJames

Shut up mate I don't care for your opinion.

If I gave a **** about her thoughts or how she felt or if i was still hung up on her I would have ignored it.

I replied cause I couldn't care less about how it affected her. She can't talk to me like that.

Also her reaction and the txts she sent me afterwards completely contradict your thoughts on the situation. So shh.

Don't come on my thread and call me sad and tell me I need to man up when you have no idea how awesome Im feeling and where I stand at the moment.

Cheers

I'm sorry I was going to ignore that txt but its outrageous.

You broke NC.for what.. so you could scold her ?... dude...

Nobody will lose respect for you here... breakups suck and make the heart hurt.. but you have to realize that in order to move on you need to treat her to a good dose of 100% No Contact.

Edited by Art_Critic
RogerWallace111

Hahaaaa ! If you needed to respond, I'd say you did it quite well ! The to-the-point, "f*ck-off"-type bits more than made up for the slightly vulnerable-sounding ones. It left it off with you coming across as knowing that bullsh*t is beneath you and confidently calling her out on it.

What were her responses like ? No need to detail it but i'm curious... Like submissive or arguing back ? Did you respond to those..?

That "good luck getting over me. x" **** would pretty much INFURIATE me. Got me a little worked up just reading it.

Anyway, I think you should truly go nc now, as you've said your piece... If only to prevent yourself the undue anger and accompanying stress haha.

AJ dude I told you she would be back.

The final text I sent my ex was to scold her, now it's just a few e-mails to sort house and and then NC forever.

I know you needed to get something out your system but seriously now is the time to stop....she will be back in touch I'd imagine. That text where she says "good luck getting over me" or similar is unbelievable, she really thinks you are just waiting around for her. Now you've flamed her be done dude, otherwise you will give her more and more satisfaction.

This whole thing seems to have changed from potential reconciliation to walking away feeling like you have your pride, that happened to me too. Don't show her your vulnerable side anymore, NC is your medicine.

ps..probably a bit harsh with your comments to Jono mate, he was just having some input. We can't like it all. It is your thread but you have well over 200 replies because at the end of the day you must want to here from us :). NC AJ!

• Author
AlexanderJames

What were her responses like ? No need to detail it but i'm curious... Like submissive or arguing back ? Did you respond to those..?

That "good luck getting over me. x" **** would pretty much INFURIATE me. Got me a little worked up just reading it.

Anyway, I think you should truly go nc now, as you've said your piece... If only to prevent yourself the undue anger and accompanying stress haha.

Hey Roger :) Thanks for the support haha, new plan is not to message her while I'm weightlifting. Evidently my temper runs short when I'm training lol..

All her replies that came after where pretty submissive. She called me a headf*** at one point. I replied basically saying I couldnt be further from it. I was direct and open about everything and she gave me nothing.

The rest of the convo was her saying things like "What else do you want to know" And "Yeah my lifes f***ing great! Loving it!"

I pretty much ended it with "You got what you wanted, please stop picking and choosing which parts of your life you want me in."

It's funny that all of you guys are getting mad at the "Good luck getting over me x" comment. That is honestly one of the only things she sent me that didnt piss me off for some reason haha... Didnt think about it in the way you guys have I just read it and thought she was being immature because I said "good luck with the sale" as a goodbye. But it was good to vent and actually stand up for myself for a change. But you are all right I really should start NC 100% now.

And yeah I owe you an apology Jono. I was still seeing red when I read you post. Attack mode was definitely still switched on.

Keep being strong dude. I'm suffering big time today, just throwing my situ all round my head again...am still texting my ex's sister a lot. We were good friends and as my ex just decided to pretend I don't exist I have relied on her to talk to etc. She doesn't talk to her sister about it as they arn't close like that but I think I should stop for my own good?

The thing is, when we know all the facts we have our view on it all but yet we all so desperately require assurances from others about why, what and how things have or will happen moving forward. Anyone else feel like this? I need to get to sleep, past 1am in good old England now.

Cheers all.

• Author
AlexanderJames
Keep being strong dude. I'm suffering big time today, just throwing my situ all round my head again...am still texting my ex's sister a lot. We were good friends and as my ex just decided to pretend I don't exist I have relied on her to talk to etc. She doesn't talk to her sister about it as they arn't close like that but I think I should stop for my own good?

The thing is, when we know all the facts we have our view on it all but yet we all so desperately require assurances from others about why, what and how things have or will happen moving forward. Anyone else feel like this? I need to get to sleep, past 1am in good old England now.

Cheers all.

Overthinking things is the worst. I started obsessively thinking for a bit there the week leading up to the movie. Just gotta calm down and straighten your thoughts out. Give yourself a direction and head there.

Yeah if you're looking to move on from the ex I suggest you stop talking to her sister. If you enjoy the conversations you have with her then you dont have to stop talking permanently. But definitely cut out all connections to your ex while you heal.

I think that when we have closure like you are referring to in your last paragraph that it's important just to close the book and move on. We've been given the fortune of knowing the facts and not being left in the dark. We only need to know so much before we can be content and let go. Seeking even more answers or reassurance borders on obsession and doesn't let you accept and let go. Be grateful you know as much as you do and take positive steps towards reclaiming your life.

:)

• Author
AlexanderJames

Before people think I'm going backwards or anything let me clarify that the info I found out today hasnt bothered me or changed my outlook on my situation. OR made me want to talk to my ex. It hasn't confused me or anything so don't think too much into it I'm only sharing it for the people who enjoy reading about my situation.

My only reaction to being told this was laughing and saying "keep telling yourself that love"

But a mutual friend of ours was talking to me and told me that my ex had been liking and sharing a lot of those relationship pictures popping up all over fb. Since being in touch witt me again. Personally I think they're ****ing annoying.

But to give you examples I was told yesterday night she liked one that said "I still remember how we started talking" and today she liked one that said, get ready for this, "We aren't together but you can't be with anyone else, okay?"

Ummmm. I'm afraid it doesn't work that way lol..

RogerWallace111

Are you talking about those dumbass captioned photos about love/relationships that people "share" around ?

• Author
AlexanderJames

They're the ones!

With people kissing all blurred out in the background.

I've seen one I like. It said "If you take relationship advice from a photo youre probably a faggot"