Adding protein to your breakfast when you hate eggs...

I know most people eat eggs (or egg whites) for their morning protein but I just can't seem to develop a taste for them. I always eat fruit and some non fat yogurt for breakfast but always end up feeling hungry about an hour later. Since protein fills you up I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to work protein into my breakfast.

When I was weight training I ate quite a bit of protein. Try getting some protein supplement at a health store(some taste way better then others). You like fruit, yogurt, blend it all together with the supplement, maybe milk, cranberry juice, a couple ice cubes, its really good. (Remember to much protein is not good for your liver)

Then you can try oatmeal pancakes, mush a banana, oatmeal, about 3 or 4 egg whites, blueberries, strawberries, what ever really, add the supplement if you like and thats not to bad either.

Babydoll

Ham, bacon, steaks, chicken, milk, cheese, sausage, etc...

I like protein powder in yogurt as well. Just make sure you get one that doesn't have many carbs in it.

Now, I know you said you don't like eggs, but what about a ham and cheese omlette?

I'm not a huge fan of eggs, but I LOVE those.

Just a thought...

It's pretty hard to beat eggs for a complete source of aminos though...

I find a bagel can sometimes give me 2-4 hours of pure energy in the morning. Carbohydrates are the thing resposible for giving you that long term energy to do your tasks. Proteins are used to heal your muscles and give your strength. Carbs are actually often suppossed to be used to protect those proteins you take in from getting burned too fast. I know there are all these diets out there that say cut out the carbos, but bread and rice are the food of life. I know almost everyone wants to look like a beauty queen but diets that cut out the word moderation, in my opinion, are very dangerous.

I don't eat meat, so I eat veggie sausage. Cottage cheese, and other low fat cheeses. Natural peanut butter on whole wheat/grain bread. A handful of nuts added to your yogurt might be good.

InmannRoshi

My daily breakfast...

1 scoop of protein powder

1 cup of skim milk

1 bannana

.5 cup of frozen blueberries

1 shot of wheat grass juice

1 cup of fresh OJ

Liquidate and mix in blender.

I totally thought this thread was about something else. :p

fundamental

You might want to try chicken biscuits. You can cut up battered chicken breast into smaller pieces to put inside of a breakfast biscuit. Or, you can just buy them. :laugh:

Do you eat Morning Star veggie products? You can try veggie sausage, grillers, etc. They have lots of protein and hardly any fat.

fundamental

fundamentally sound