If he is married, why is he bothering me?

mademoisellemoi

mademoisellemoi

I usually do not seek advice outside of my family or the Bible, but the recent course of events have left me with no other choice. Where should I start? Okay, I attended a local commercial gym a few years ago .. It was awhile before I noticed that I was being followed by an admiring employee ( I'll call him Michael). I thought nothing of it because my attention was diverted elsewhere and was not interested in the least. I switched gyms the following year. Due to the changing demographics, I have since re-joined the first gym. I was surprised to see that a great number of the staff was still employed there, even Michael. Being no longer diverted, I found myself taking little peeks every now and then at Michael . I had even noted the absence of a ring. Its been only a few months and Michael wasted no time in picking up where he left off, following, starring, placing himself in my path or passing by my stations frequently, speaking loudly.. I also caught a few of his female co-workers occasionally following me around or watching my reactions-, It seems that he's been talking to them about me. Things have really picked up since the last when in one of my exercise classes, I happened to turn and see him looking and almost tripped. Now he's trying to establish direct-eye contact, and now brings his trainees around me. Its was all fun and games until I noticed, THE WEDDING RING. I saw it in passing and felt sick to my stomach. Why on earth would a guy do such a thing, and especially in front of all his coworkers? Why would he go out the way to be so AVAILABLE ? I've been hit on by lots of married men, professors, managers, etc. but knew when to draw the line. This is no exception. I promised myself not to mess-up like that. Although my parents have been married for almost 40 years, my dad told my mother that he was single and she fell for it. What is bothering me is that I became interested in him under the pretense that he was single. I am sooo confused and angry. Would it still be wrong to admire him albeit from a distance??

The problem with admiring from a distance is that you eventually want there to be no more distance.

I say ignore him completely.If it's hard and you feel more and more attracted to him, change the gym!

You have every right to be upset and offended!

Wolvesbaned

I'm confused. If you're sick to your stomach why would you still want to admire him???

To answer you question: He is married. It is wrong. Everytime you think about how attractive he is, remind yourself of that.

• Author
mademoisellemoi

I made the last comment out of childish angst. ( the admiration from afar comment) . I totally agree with all replies - admiration on my part will only be a waste of time and effort. I can't go the another gym because I was harassed there ( guys and their girlfriend drama). I'm absolutely dumbfounded at the blatancy is all. I'll Fess up and tell my mom. I'll probably skip a few days.

WHERE ALL THE DECENT SINGLE GUYS??? I have to get out of this country!

dudesomewhere

a lot of married guys know there are many many many many skanky women out there that'll date a married guy because they think it's cool, adult or sexy... :p:D