Friends with benefits. Change it or quit it?

I used to live in the same state as a guy I was hooking up with. We hung out and hooked up for two weeks straight... I took him to a hospital visit and looked after him etc.

Then we both went out of state for the summer. Texting was sporadic. But he called me the day before I came home and it felt like nothing had changed. We hooked up when we were both in the same State again, but he is a TOTAL free spirit... And sometimes is more interested and involved in other things. Although he says he loves sleeping with me.

I moved interstate and when I was leaving he said "I'm gonna miss hanging out with you." to which I replied "yeah..." and he said "you don't feel the same way?" I just changed conversion topics.

We texted every now and then while I've been gone for two months.

He came to visit me for my birthday celebration... Where we hooked up again.

He convinced me to take something with him that made us feel "loved up".

In this experience... We told eachother we loved eachother and wanted to get married. Before saying this... He said "I'm

Gonna say some stuff tonight that I don't mean but I can't help but say it."

After this experience I feel even more of a connection to him.

He's planning a big trip around the world in 6 months. He will be gone for 1.5 years.

We currently don't live in the same state but he has flight benefits which enable him to visit when he can.

I often drop hints about how "we aren't a couple and have sex not make love" just so I can seem like I'm on the same page as him. But I'm not. I even told him that he shouldn't visit last weekend because I was afraid one of us would get emotionally attached and didn't wanna drag it out. He convinced me that it would be fine... Because I told him I wasn't attached. But I am.

Do I forget about this guy and delete his number? Is he interested in anything else other than friends with benefits?

• Author

Oh and when he Was flying in for the weekend, he bumped into a mutual friend. He told me that he told her he was in town for a business meeting. I guess he wants to keep us a secret.

I think that when it comes to FWB, you must be able to deal with the "boundaries" of the relationship. If not, then you're setting yourself up for potential heartbreak. I'm not a big fan of FWB since my own learning experience with it a few years ago.

Oh and when he Was flying in for the weekend, he bumped into a mutual friend. He told me that he told her he was in town for a business meeting. I guess he wants to keep us a secret.

aww that is soo sweet that he doesnt "brag" to others that he is in town to "get him sum". He has some regard for your FWB....for whatever that is worth.

My two cents....move away from any FWB....I think you have too good a heart to be in a matter such as that. Only PLayers seem to benefit from FWB's...and really some of those players should have left the field years ago....

stargazer5466

Women get emotionally attached when they start sleeping with someone. Guys are able to keep sex and emotions separate. Please don't fool yourself. If he says he doesn't want a GF or relationship, don't keep hanging on, giving him chance after chance, thinking you will be "the one" to change him. When he say he only wants FWB, he means it. When you find out about other girls he is sleeping with (and he is) you will be absolutely crushed. Be prepared.