why i cant move on

Dblock10

I need help.

I cant move on because I feel responsible for the break up in part and so cant stop with the self blame, telling myself maybe things would have been different if I hadn't done this or done that differently... and feeling regretful

i also miss her. I am feeling very very weak right now, i really want to contact her. i dont want to let her go, or forget about her, she was/is too important to me to shunt her away and move on.

I DONT want to make all the post break up classic mistakes such as begging, but i am feeling like i have no choice, she meant a lot to me, what would happen if i contacted her, would i regret it? would it truly be a mistake to do so? would i be better off just LEAVING IT. or will doing so mean there will be little chance to get her back in the long run?

she obviously has nothing to say to me, or i would have heard from her already by now.. :(

would it be stupid contacting her and be a classic error post break up to do so.. i can just see it being if i did, me wanting more and her being cold/distant

this is madness, this whole thing is consuming my life. what on earth do i do.

its ended on good terms technically. but not hearing from her now is getting me down.. and making me feel helpless.

do i need to reach out and rid any lingering feelings of hope by asking if she still has feelings for me? or will this be clingy and off putting to her?

Edited by Dblock10
  • Author

:( guys ? put yourself in my shoes what would you do honestly?

I can understand why I am doing nc but I feel I am doing it for the wrong reasons to a certain extent. I'm doing it because i feel in a way that its not my responsibility to txt her/communicate with her...

but really you should go nc on someone who treated you badly or dumped you horribly neither of which she did.

this was more a mutual break up but i when i wanted to make a go of it, she didnt. thus feeling like i got dumped.

she did however lie to me about time off work, as she booked it off to she her best guy mate for a couple of days. and another one of her close girl mates bday's. she told me she couldnt get any time off work due to money and needing the hours, that shes told everyone this. but hopefully she will get a day off or so and let me know.

each week i was waiting for her to let me know, and it just never seemed to happen. it was horrible. waiting. asking. waiting.

Edited by Dblock10
I need help.

I cant move on because I feel responsible for the break up in part and so cant stop with the self blame, telling myself maybe things would have been different if I hadn't done this or done that differently... and feeling regretful

i also miss her. I am feeling very very weak right now, i really want to contact her. i dont want to let her go, or forget about her, she was/is too important to me to shunt her away and move on.

I DONT want to make all the post break up classic mistakes such as begging, but i am feeling like i have no choice, she meant a lot to me, what would happen if i contacted her, would i regret it? would it truly be a mistake to do so? would i be better off just LEAVING IT. or will doing so mean there will be little chance to get her back in the long run?

she obviously has nothing to say to me, or i would have heard from her already by now.. :(

would it be stupid contacting her and be a classic error post break up to do so.. i can just see it being if i did, me wanting more and her being cold/distant

this is madness, this whole thing is consuming my life. what on earth do i do.

its ended on good terms technically. but not hearing from her now is getting me down.. and making me feel helpless.

do i need to reach out and rid any lingering feelings of hope by asking if she still has feelings for me? or will this be clingy and off putting to her?

You are suffering. Why is not hearing from her now getting you down? Do you not have any other friends? Family? Go make some. I understand the emotional attachment as I still have one but seriously, you can see she's not your friend. My friends call me up and ask me to hang out, we make plans to go play kickball, go go kart racing, play video games.

Obviously your ex doesn't so guess what she's really not your friend.

• Author

wilsonx:

yeah thats true. well atm all my friends are busy, working etc. can probably see them soon though when uni starts but i do spend a lot of time on my own. but going to stay with a best mate wed this week for a couple of days no laptop.

glad she isnt my friend in a way. but would be nice to know she cares if you know what i mean..

would be nice to know she still really liked me and wanted to keep me in her life, as apposed to silent treatment

giuliano-3 :

yeah after she finally made her mind up based on me telling her she wouldnt want ties etc why am i such an idiot for doing that.

regret. regret. regret.

i try and take comfort in thinking that if she wanted it to work, she did have plenty of opportunities thereafter, so she had obviously weighed up her options and choose not to chose me and she would have probably come to her own conclusion nearer the time or whilst on the journey.

yeah god knows what to do really... i know she could have been the one easily.

but, NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT NOW. so got to let it GO.

if she comes back, she will.

in the meantime, let the story unfold. I will keep you updated. report anything bad, and let you know how my life went post breakup with this girl.

my future is bright. i shouldnt be looking at things so negatively. i have my health, i need to look after myself.

Edited by Dblock10