dont know if im healing at all..

turokturok5

Last few weeks were pretty good, found myself hardly thinking about my ex at all, most significantly at work where there is nothing else to do apart from think about things and halfway through my shift i thought to myself hey, haven't thought about her once today i must be getting better and even after actually thinking about her i didnt really think about her anymore :D

Went to a party a couple of nights ago and she was there, i was talking to some of her friends when she leant across and started speaking to me, she hadn't really tried speaking to me in 6 months. She pointed out that we were in the same class together at tafe and apologised for not noticing sooner (its 6 weeks into the semester) exept she knew i was in the same class as her from week 1 as her friend told me she mentioned that she saw me. Anyway we continued to talk for a few minutes and it didnt really bother me, like all our other friends it was nice to hear how she is liking tafe etc etc, but its been a few days since this event and im started to think about her more often now and im starting to hope again.

Also when she did start speaking to me orginally, my heart didnt come up through my mouth and i didnt get all butterflies and such, it just felt as if i was talking to one of friends, so i really have no clue why i still have feelings for her.

Edited by turokturok5

I'm quite sure you are healing, but seeing and talking to your ex will probably always be a bit of a setback, even if it doesn't feel as such right away. From my experience it fades again if you keep your distance from now on. :)

I think the "feelings" you have are not for her, per se, but for the ideal of having someone in your life who loves you and whom you love back. You don't have that with her anymore, but you still have the ideal of having that special someone in your life. You will find that new special someone someday.

What you have described makes it sound like you have healed a lot. Maybe not completely, but the wounds are knitting up nicely. You handled a conversation with her without falling apart, with a strange feeling of detachment. I'm pretty sure you couldn't have done that a few months ago.

Sure, it's caused a few glitches and so on. But the reality is that you have done very well. You kept your dignity. ja123 has it right, I think. You're no longer missing her as such, you are missing the future you felt you had with her.