Conflict between my head & heart...do I go and see him?

DoubleRainbow

DoubleRainbow

I am back here...will keep it short.

My company does not have anti-dating policy.

This guy(my coworker), showers all the attention on me(nov, 2010 to may-2011),conveys indirectly(thru a friend) that he likes me, even get noticed by other coworkers...I start showing interest, liking him a lot,( we are both single, both 40)...he notices that, starts enjoying the attention, flirting even more...then all of a sudden shuts down(EUM),MAKES FUN OF ME with his friends, giving me enough heartache,loss of sleep and appetite....finally i get a hold of myself,decide to move on..we now have only work related conversations in a professional way, some light jokes too ONLY if others are present...
I still like him a lot
, get restless if i do not see him during the day, but decided not to appear needy/clingy, have self respect...he tries to be friendly with me again but I ignore to avoid my heart-break.

Yesterday, he got into a road accident, was hospitalized for a day and is now home. I am dying to go see him(thats what my heart wants) but my head says that he made a fool of me before, what if he again wins an ego-trip and later makes fun of me?

(Otherwise only his close friends are going to see him, with a common card/ flowers from the company)

I would really appreciate any help/input. Thanks a ton !