dating siblings best friend!!!

Ok, So My best friend has an older brother. and we like each other and im guessing the family noticed the conection because my friend was mentioning that her family was talking about it. (neither me or the older brother new of the conversation). So my friend asked if i would mind going on a date with her brother. and i said i would like it actually.

Long story short i asked her brother out, He is very shy, and i have no problem doing the asking. anyway he said he would love to. that he loves talking to me, and thinks im the coolest person he has met in a long time and would love to date me. we set a date and everything. but then a few moments later he told me how sorry he was and that he had gotten to thinking about it and he thought it may be weird because im his younger sisters best friend. that he would love to date me but he would hate for something to happen. (in case it didn't work out he didn't want to jeopardize my and my friends relationship).

I guess what i am getting at is, is it really that big of deal? to you guys out there. would it really be a no-go even though you have feelings for someone just because they are friends with your sibling?

Forever Learning

He doesn't want to hurt his sister by stealing her friend. It most definitely would eventually change the relationship between you and his sister in the long term. She might feel jipped / robbed by him.

Then again if there is a real connection, the sister's friend thing usually wouldn't stop a guy from proceeding. Could be he wasn't feeling it all that much so called it off before it got off the ground.