If your ex says "hi" to you and you didn't say it back, who looks more foolish?

I have been on both sides of this. I'm sure we have all had at least one ex where it didn't end on good terms. Once an ex that left me for another guy said hi to me when I saw here months later and I never said hi back and walked right by. After a while when I really thought about it, I was the one the came off badly because not being civil shows resentment. I personally believe now if an ex says Hi even if it ended on bad terms with the exception of abusive relationships etc , I would say hi back. What do other people think?

0hpenelope

I don't think you look foolish by not saying "Hi" back. If your ex has become a "not a person of interest" to you and you're not the type to say "Hi" to that kind of person, then what's the problem?

Since you didn't want to say "Hi," you didn't say "Hi": you stayed true to how you were feeling at that exact moment and you would have short-changed yourself by pretending you're civil when you actually didn't want to be in the first place.

How about this?: You're so indifferent to her that you can't even be bothered to say hi. Not being civil doesn't necessarily have to mean you're showing resentment. You just don't care.

This is with regards to the past. Because you learned something from that now, you won't do it anymore. Just don't kick yourself too much about it and the next time you see an ex, if she says "Hi" or you do, you'll mean that civility and you won't pretend that you're okay with it. You really are okay with saying "Hi."

I have been on both sides of this. I'm sure we have all had at least one ex where it didn't end on good terms. Once an ex that left me for another guy said hi to me when I saw here months later and I never said hi back and walked right by. After a while when I really thought about it, I was the one the came off badly because not being civil shows resentment. I personally believe now if an ex says Hi even if it ended on bad terms with the exception of abusive relationships etc , I would say hi back. What do other people think?

lol, i think its embarassing for the person that gets ignored but thats it. well id be embarassed if it was me. wouldnt worry about it though. i have two ex's - one of them id probably grit my teeth and say hi back, and the other id probably tell to **** off. i dont care if it looks like resentment, i do resent them.

to be fair, if i saw them coming i think id change direction just to avoid the situation arising in the first place :cool:

Surf Rider

My ex left me a little over a year ago. We both go to the same school unfortunately. The fall semester came and I thought she wouldn't come back. I was wrong. I talked to her sometimes, but mostly i tried to avoid her because of the pain she had caused me. In January, she text me and i stupidly text her back. I started sitting next to her in class which was an even bigger mistake. My parents told me to stop sitting next to her and i'm so glad that i did. From that time on, I never spoke to her. When i saw her in the hall sometimes, i would look at her and kept on walking. I said nothing to her. She would even wave to me, but i never waved back or said hi. I think she finally got the point. I have not spoken to her in months and i don't plan to ever speak to her again.

the other id probably tell to **** off. i dont care if it looks like resentment, i do resent them.

That's my take right there! If that makes me look foolish...then so be it. Who cares? He knows exactly why I would tell him to f**k off. I know why. Those are the only two people whos opinion that matter.

(and the importance of one of those opinions is definitely arguable)