-Ex has moved on

This is my first post. My backround-10 months since the break up and have had very little LC since. She dumped me because I lied about smoking (its the lie and not the smoking) and because I wasnt fully in the relationship. I tried all the groveling and peading to no avail. I don't know much about her personal life except she is in a very serious relationship. I love her with all my heart. I want her back. Today, she has asked me if I want her dog because as she puts it "I have been traveling alot". I guess she is traveling with the new guy and/or maybe she is living with him and he doesnt want the dog. Anyway it just brings home the fact that she isnt coming back and she has moved on. I like her dog, but it will remind me of her. If I take the dog, maybe she will keep in touch with me and then I can work my way back to her. Should I go NC or take the dog? Please help.

If you take the dog you're going to be holding on "hope" hope that she will call you to check in on the dog hope that she will go by and see the dog and hope that you will go back into her life.You can't hope and wait forever she has moved on and you need to move on too,but trust me I know it's easier said than done.

On another note if you do decide to keep the dog live your life as the single man you are date keep options open don't turn down an opportunity for a girl who is in a relationship with someone else.

• Author
If you take the dog you're going to be holding on "hope" hope that she will call you to check in on the dog hope that she will go by and see the dog and hope that you will go back into her life.You can't hope and wait forever she has moved on and you need to move on too,but trust me I know it's easier said than done.

On another note if you do decide to keep the dog live your life as the single man you are date keep options open don't turn down an opportunity for a girl who is in a relationship with someone else.

Ive tried to move...dated 2 wonderful ladies since. They both fell in love with me. Each time I thought I was ready, but I keep thinking about her. I know I should give up hope on her, but it is so hard. Its been so long, Im just wondering if something is wrong with me. I have been dumped before, but it never took this long to get over someone.

If I take the dog, she probably keep in touch and there might be a slight chance I would be in a position to get her back if her current relationship goes south-she started seeing him within a month of our breakup, maybe its a rebound. If I dont take the dog, then its NC with no hope. God do I love her.

I been in that situation for so long I had hopes that my xw would come back to me I tried everything and 4 years later we are in two different places but we get along wonderful I still love her more than ever but I respect that she is in another relationship and I leace it at that as far as she knows Im over her.I am also dating someone else and she's an amazing woman.A few years ago if my xw wanted me back I would have jumped at the chance but today if she asked me back Im not sure what I would do.

You know whats best for you, maybe you and her will end up back together and maybe you won't.Hoping for the best for you.