How do i let go/move on/ accept losing the girl i started falling in love with..?

seanmathews3

seanmathews3

I'll sum the relationship up quick; dated 5 months, no real problems at all, started falling in love, first love, 2 weeks ago broke up, reason "feelings not the same- not ready for relationship- wants to be friends". NC on and off, day 2 NC and planning on sticking to it...

My only problem is letting her go, moving on, and accepting the fact the we will never be together again.. i loved every single thing about this girl and we had such an amazing time together. i could easily see her in my future, she was basically my perfect other half. and like i said the relationship had no big problems and it hurts to think that we can easily be happy together but the only thing stopping that is whatever is going on in her head..

its just hard to see myself falling and feeling like that for someone else.. becuase this girl felt so right for me and it feels so right for us to be together.. i have a feeling if a relationship happened with someone else i would just compare it until it failed...

i dont see how i could just cut someone out and do NC and move on.. when that person is my first love, im still in love, and she was such a big and amazing part of my life.. and seeing her with someone else will just kill me and eat me to death on the inside..

im 20, i know im young but im mature and have plans with my life.. and i know when my feelings are so strong for someone

im just looking for reasons, advice, tips or pointers.. and other ways to look at this..

thanks for the help, because im sure at least everyone has gone through this.. and its the worst feeling ever :/

roman_pavluchenko

i really hope someone answers this well as im going through the exact same thing. Whats worse is our university ball is coming up soon, i swear shes going to ask my best mate to go with her, he goes to a different uni so she'd do it so he could be with us, it would still kill me though...