6 months on

swfc_77

its been 6 months now since we split up.

i have not made contact with her for a while, she still txts me often but i rarely reply.

sometimes its abuse, or random stuff.

her grandfather passed away suddenly this week and it was a shock, but she came straight to me for support, i told her i was sorry and to be strong for her family and kind of tried to distance myself from the whole thing.

it makes you laugh how somepeople dont care how they hurt others, but when they are hurting themselves they expect you to be there. he was a good guy thought and he will be missed.

she has asked if i wanted to go to the funeral but i dont think i want to go, however bad it may sound those people are my past and its a past i would rather move on from rather quickly, i have said no thanks and tried to keep it short and "to the point"

after 6 months i still think about the relationship, not her but the actual thing we had going and im seeing the lies she told and how ignorant i was to them, i suppose in a way you kind of try and see the best in people and take their word as the truth.

i suppose i feel a little angry at myself for not questioning some of the lines she spun me.

i often wonder maybe this has been an easy break-up in comparrison to some i see on here, i'v stepped back and seen what i'v really lost and not what i think i'v lost, who wants liars, cheats and un-trustworthy people in their lives.

im still not ready to see her and would cross the road to avoid her so-to-say, but i know 1 thing for sure is that i would never, ever go near her again.

lucky escape springs to mind, ;)

strangeways

Hi swfc

Sounds like you're doing good.

She'e still contacting is she. Jesus, what a pain.

I'm coming up for 6 months in a couple of weeks. I'll probably post an update then but I'm not doing too bad though having a few ups and downs because of my ex ex and our kids. Which, annoyingly, has me thinking about the ex more than I'd like.

Some of what you said really struck a chord with me.

Think we both had a lucky (but painful) escape.

What's happened about working in holland?