What was your shortest and longest "honeymoon phase?"

fun2bewith

...My shortest "honymoon phase" was 3 weeks..

...My longest 10 months....

I believe your honeymoon phase is over as soon as you start experiencing more and more arguments....

My shortest: ??? (It's hard to answer that)

My longest: 4.5 years.

I never left honeymoon with my ex because we kept experiencing deepening levels of intimacy. We had fights, but there were always these new discoveries along the way. I was "in love" with him the entire time.

The break up was unusual in that we still loved each other madly until the end. Outside circumstances ended the relationship.

My last ex was about 1.5 years but we didn't live together either-that makes a big difference. The last two before that was 4 months and 10 months

I agree with the above poster in that the end of it isn't so much about a fight or arguement but rather based on disapointment and the levels of that

I think the honeymoon phase of a relationship is over the first time you’re seriously disappointed.

Agreed.

Shortest: 3 weeks

Longest: About 6-7 months

make me believe

Hmmm...I guess I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my fiance then because I've never been seriously disappointed by him, we don't argue or bicker very much, and I still feel VERY much in love with him. We've been together for almost a year and a half, living together for 5 months. Our relationship isn't perfect of course, but I think we are just very, very good together. :)

If we're basing a honeymoon period merely on an argument-free relationship, for me it would be:

2 weeks shortest

1.5 years the longest

Longest 18 months, shortest 1 night!! ;)

:lmao:

I've never maintained interest in a guy for a whole six months :(

I'm a few weeks off the six month mark with my current bf, and I'm still interested, so hopefully things might work out this time :)

• Author
Shortest: Few hours.

Longest: 6 months

I think it's over when you enter the "comfort" zone.

Sweet! I agree with being dissapointed and being in the comfort zone!

I think the honeymoon phase of a relationship is over the first time you’re seriously disappointed.

Using this as a definition, as well as 'Know and understand the other person's faults well':

Shortest: Probably a month or two.

Longest: 9 months - 1 year

It's difficult to pinpoint exactly, IMO. I also do believe that every R has to fall out of honeymoon phase, but it doesn't mean that you necessarily stop loving the person or it stops working. Thus I disagree with Cee's definition - I think the first few serious arguments is when honeymoon stops and it becomes time for you to decide whether to work issues out or leave.

Edited by Elswyth

I've always felt like I had intermittent honeymoon phases in relationships. To me, the honeymoon phase is when you feel that giddy feeling that defies logic. I tend to feel that ebb and flow. Of course, I've never been married or been with someone for more than 3 years, and many of my relationships have been closer to a year. Perhaps the phrase better applies to very long-term relationships.