"Never seen him as a pedophile"

I have a 14 year old daughter who looks old enough and is probably mature enough to handle a relationship with a 20 year old male. However, by the time she got 16....she would dump him because guys who chase after little girls are guys who have no self esteem, life focus or the ability to feel at one with their peers.

They are doomed for life to always find someone who is so much younger and less educated....that they don't notice what LOOSERS these types of guys really are. An educated young man with goals wouldn't have anything in common with a school girl, nor would he want to limit himself to the rules of her parents. He would want a young woman with 'common interests and friends'.

Granted, it can be a cultural thing and that would make a difference. However, in our society, it just seems silly for a guy to rather spend his time with a girl wearing her middle school ID than having a drivers license.

The guys I see where I live who chase after the teenie hotties usually have a car worth about $500, seldom wear a buttoned shirt, don't seem to own shoes and drink cheap beer. They work only long enough to buy their next bag of pot and the thought of someone mating with them.....is nauseating.

Funny that you should put it that way Samson. I wonder if young girls who gravitate towards much older guys are more likely to do so if they lack a father figure in the home???

I've found that young teen girls with strong 'Daddy ties' really seem to make better choices.

Funny that you should put it that way Samson. I wonder if young girls who gravitate towards much older guys are more likely to do so if they lack a father figure in the home???

You know, Arabess -- I did read somewhere that some younger women without a father figure in their lives or lost their father at a young age will go for the older men. My ex was 7 years younger than me. Her father died when she was 6.

~V

HI Sweet Viv!!!!!! I've missed you.

I think this happens because a preteen and teenage girl still needs hugs and affection. She doesn't want it from her Mom. So, without a Dad....she has a tendency to find physical affection elsewhere and may even confuse it with love.

A son, on the other hand, is more prone to hug and be affectionate with his Mom thru all his puberty and teen years. Maybe this is why he isn't seeking affection....just sex. LMAO!

....I'm waiting on Moimeme to post a link about this....I KNOW she has one in her archives.....LOL Merry!....

HI Sweet Viv!!!!!! I've missed you.

Missed you too, darling. This place just wasn't the same while you were away. Hope you are feeling better!

....I'm waiting on Moimeme to post a link about this....I KNOW she has one in her archives.....LOL Merry!....

LOL - Me too -

Hey, do you think that women want men that remind them of their father and men want women that remind them of their mother?

~V

Originally posted by Vivid_29

Hey, do you think that women want men that remind them of their father and men want women that remind them of their mother?

~V

Not only do I think that is REALLY TRUE.....but I think as your perception of your parents change (as you mature)...sometimes the kind of person you want to be with changes in accordance to that new perception.

When I was young I had a certain perception of my Dad and always gravitated towards men who I thought were like him. As I get older and see him differently, my choice in men has also changed.....but they are guys who remind me of him NOW!

Thanks for the link Merry......I will now CLICK and LEARN! :)

..........and also....thanks for making that a MID LIFE crisis.....like getting old isn't ENOUGH!.....

Hey, do you think that women want men that remind them of their father

I suppose some do. It's not so much for me that I want someone who reminds me of my father but rather that he had qualities I learned to admire; in particular he had a huge amount of integrity. He was never prejudiced one little bit, he had the utmost respect for women (and bought me train sets and chemistry sets when I wanted them :D ). Again, these are great qualities for any person to have, IMHO, and I try to emulate them. Because they are my values, it's terrific when I can share them with a fellow.

It was only later that I realized I must have inherited a lot of my Dad's traits. He loved to entertain people (which I never really realized) and to cook for them and he loved to travel. I came to love cooking because of eating his terrific food and travel I learned to love on my own - and only later, when my stepmom told me that he enjoyed doing things for people did I realize that I was very much my Daddy's gal.

I also look for other traits, though, that I learned to appreciate on my own. So, for me at least, I think it's just that Dad's the earliest model of some traits that a girl will find desirable in a life partner.

overseas2004

In the State where I used to live it was statutory rape to have sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 16 if you were four years older than her. The law stating that such intercourse could not be consensual. One could go to prison for almost 2 years for this offense. I have defended several people in this position. The law considers them to be rapists.