:( Divorce was final yesterday.....

Hello all,

Well my marriage is officially over. My ex left the final copy of the papers on my car windshield this morning......I drove home, parked in the driveway and bawled. I went inside my house and called him. I told him that I hoped he was happy now cause he got what he wanted. He is now with this other woman living with her at her parents house and according to the B**ch they are going to get married. I just hope that karma will come his way and he will eventually hurt as much as I did when we finally split.....

Anyone have any ideas for a way for me to celebrate this being final as a blessing instead of me wallowing around about it?? I can only hope that my new relationship will be better for me......and my new significant other is being very patient and understanding even though he's never been married. I told him that I was sorry if I seem to be emotionally detached because I'm trying to get over this.......

I'm not really feeling anything for this new guy and I wonder if it is cause I'm still dealing with the loss and pain of my failed marriage. I just hope I don't waste too much time and realize that I can't feel anything for this guy until Im completely over it.......

overseas2004

I wasn't married but we lived together and he was everything to me. He moved out in February and not because he did not love me or went to anyone else. Mostly because he was scared of getting married.

I have a new guy now and he helps me feel better. But I try not to let it get too deep now. For now I just enjoy his company.

I don't know how you could celebrate. I think that maybe this is not something to celebrate. A divorce is an ugly thing. Especially how it happened to you. I am assuming he cheated from your e-mail.

So I would just get out and have fun if I were you. But I would not celebrate getting divorced.

Although I am certain one day you will be happy that he is gone. Sounds like he was a jerk. Especially for leaving the papers on your windshield. What an a---

My first marriage was very much the same, with him already starting a new relationship before our divorce (and probably prior to our separation). He also moved in with her and her mother and father.

It has been ten years - and I promise you that you will look back (and it didn't take me ten years to realize it) and say God was truly looking out for me. They did get married and are still married but it has been a roller coaster for them with much heartache for both. All I feel for them now really is pity, if that. They deserve one another.

I do want to tell you that all of the anger you feel will go away and I hope soon - it just drains you and is useless. Let this woman have him. Chances are he will do the same thing to her that he did to you.

Good luck to you. I promise it will get easier.