Don't be over weight

bentnotbroken, will you please discontinue your reference to a 'dumbass' comment suggesting the correlation between poverty and poor health choices. People have a right to express their opinions. :D The 'dumbass' who contributed is supposedly naive in your increasingly angry :mad:back-lashing opinion, that is your right to own. That 'dumbass' does not apologise for not articulating her opinion in a more PC and succinct way, and the fact remains that even though her observation appeared generalised and bitterly insulting to some people on this thread, the low-income/crappy food choices ( or lack of choices) is all pervading, with exceptions which have been mentioned.

For the record, I grew up in endless financial difficulty, being brought up by 'alternatives' who were also well-educated, grew their own food, shot their own food, traded food that was surplus to their needs and sent their kids off to go dumpster diving. :laugh:Good old freeganism to the rescue when all else may fail. The money we saved went on inveterate travel and an education in environments that did not involve going to school. I now live on a disability pension and I do very fine nutritionally thank you very much, thanks to the frugal upbringing I had.

I think directing your anger at me, just because I started the stream of posts on the subject, is getting really old and boring. I did not mean to offend you, really.

bentnotbroken
bentnotbroken, will you please discontinue your reference to a 'dumbass' comment suggesting the correlation between poverty and poor health choices. People have a right to express their opinions. :D The 'dumbass' who contributed is supposedly naive in your increasingly angry :mad:back-lashing opinion, that is your right to own. That 'dumbass' does not apologise for not articulating her opinion in a more PC and succinct way, and the fact remains that even though her observation appeared generalised and bitterly insulting to some people on this thread, the low-income/crappy food choices ( or lack of choices) is all pervading, with exceptions which have been mentioned.

For the record, I grew up in endless financial difficulty, being brought up by 'alternatives' who were also well-educated, grew their own food, shot their own food, traded food that was surplus to their needs and sent their kids off to go dumpster diving. :laugh:Good old freeganism to the rescue when all else may fail. The money we saved went on inveterate travel and an education in environments that did not involve going to school. I now live on a disability pension and I do very fine nutritionally thank you very much, thanks to the frugal upbringing I had.

I think directing your anger at me, just because I started the stream of posts on the subject, is getting really old and boring. I did not mean to offend you, really.

Not only will I not discontinue MY opinions you can put me on ignore whenever you feel the need. My anger is at anybody who doesn't know what the hell they are talking about when they label an entire segment of society without knowing them or their lives. Deal or dismiss I don't care.

• Author
Well when you are worried about paying your mortgage, keeping your children safe, having enough gas to get where you need to be, fighting to keep your head above water and finding the things you need for daily survival...the length of life is NOT a priority......

This is the timeless situation of millions of people for generation apon generation. Millions don't use it as an excuse. It's remarkable that one doesn't share similar genetics to one's sisters.

I gather they are overweight and pleasant people?;)

bentnotbroken
This is the timeless situation of millions of people for generation apon generation. Millions don't use it as an excuse. It's remarkable that one doesn't share similar genetics to one's sisters.

I gather they are overweight and pleasant people?;)

We have 2 parents. Medical conditions contributed to my sister and brother having issues(though my brother as stated before is a weightlifter), and they feel the same about stupid comments as I do. Since you kindness has been equally as underwhelming. You can feel free to ignore my comments as well cause my attitude isn't going to change on this subject as I believe neither will yours.

Edited by bentnotbroken

Obesity seems to be a very touchy subject for many. I'm sorry there's so much defensiveness, anger, etc. on this thread. It's been a ride for sure. Night all!