jealous of other co-workers

I've been starting to feel jealous of my co-workers.The manager or managers seem to be only interested in them.What about me? I bet none of them even know,I play the guitar.I think its time they get to know things about me for a change.I just feel kind of left out.I want people to be interested in me for a change,cause maybe there are some things that I want them to know about me.It makes me mad when no one has an interest in me.

I feel really jealous.

Patty

befuddled11

It seems you complain a lot about your life and things at work. Did you ever notice that?

Your managers are there to manage the restaurant and do their job, just as you are there to do your job. If they do happen to know things about your coworkers, such as their hobbies or interests, it's likely because your coworkers divulge these things, not because the managers sit around on a break and ask "so what do you do in your free time? what are your hobbies?"

If you feel it's important for people to know things about you, tell them. Bring it up in conversation if that's important to you, but surely don't expect people to go around asking you for the information.

Personally, I could care less what my coworkers do in their off-work hours. We all have a work life and a private life.

If you want people to get to know you, you need to show an interest in them as well. If you take breaks together or have time to talk at work, ask them about themselves. And after listening to them, then tell them things about yourself. You might be surprised at how willing people are to be friends with you if you are friendly to them first.

• Author
It seems you complain a lot about your life and things at work. Did you ever notice that?

So what???????? Doesnt everybody complain here?

Patty

Patty, darlin', I agree w/ everyone else. Don't be too shy to strike up a convo...and if they're still unfriendly, tell em "Go to h*ll ya f*ck mook!" Who wants to be buddies w/ a buncha a**h***s ne way?

By the way, that's awesome that u play guitar. Betcha didn't know I play to:)....now i'm jealous nobody asks about me!*runs away crying*

befuddled11
Originally posted by Patty

So what???????? Doesnt everybody complain here?

Patty

Well certainly not as consistently as you do. You complain if someone stares at you the wrong way at work. You complain if someone asks you not to wear so much perfume to work, you complain about your mother, etc etc. Almost every week there's something. It's like you feel you're the constant "victim"........was just an observation.

Befuddled - really not necessary to offer your editorial comments, is it? In fact, Patty's not been around for a while. Nice to see you, Patty. I'd suggest that you not worry too much about making friends at work and focus on your friends at home. Sometimes making friends at work ends up causing you problems anyway.