Why is my ex boyfriend mad I deleted him off of facebook (he broke up with me)?

Amandabanana6

My boyfriend broke up with me almost 3 months ago, we had been dating for 3 years. Roughly a month ago I decided to delete him from facebook because I was having trouble moving on and I didn't want to see all the new 'friends' (girls from highschool 6 years ago, and one of his ex girlfriends friends) he was adding and pictures he was tagged in. Two weeks after I deleted him on facebook he text messages me saying "blocked me from facebook eh,,,classy". I decided not to reply.

shocked_confused

Yea I agree with PegNosePete, keep ignoring him as you have been. Obviously he's been looking back at your relationship if he's noticed you deleted him and it bothers him. But you seem like your really strong to not respond to his texts, good for you.

I'm kind of going through the same thing. Boyfriend of 6 years broke up with me 2 weeks ago and i'm avoiding contact as well...I just deleted him off facebook earlier this week and i'm not sure if he's noticed yet! We'll see what happens....

SimonSerenade

Seem's like he's not happy that you have enough strength to cut him out of something, I never added my ex to Facebook, For the longest time we didn't bother with stuff like that but she created a Facebook after the break up and eventually I did the same, She kept an eye on my page and had a go at me for the most ridiculous things after the break up cause I was going out once in a while with my friends, I was the same as you, Didn't want to see my ex going out there meeting new people and seeing pictures of how easy of a time she's having while I'm at home alone suffering so I blocked and deleted her, I've sometime's been tempted to unblock her n have a peak at her profile but I keep it together and do what's best for me, She asked me what happened to my Facebook and I just said "It don't matter", Answers like that are hard to reply to, Just stick to your guns and don't feel bad for the guy for being hurt over being deleted, After all.... He deleted you out of his life easily enough.

• Author
Amandabanana6

I'm sure he will notice, six years is a long time. You are doing awesome already if you can start NC right at the start. I have to admit I wasn't strong at all at first. I thought he was the key to my happiness and I wasn't going to be the same without him. It took me about a month to stop trying to get him back. It's so weird not having someone there all the time...but I am getting used to it.

• Author
Amandabanana6
Seem's like he's not happy that you have enough strength to cut him out of something, I never added my ex to Facebook, For the longest time we didn't bother with stuff like that but she created a Facebook after the break up and eventually I did the same, She kept an eye on my page and had a go at me for the most ridiculous things after the break up cause I was going out once in a while with my friends, I was the same as you, Didn't want to see my ex going out there meeting new people and seeing pictures of how easy of a time she's having while I'm at home alone suffering so I blocked and deleted her, I've sometime's been tempted to unblock her n have a peak at her profile but I keep it together and do what's best for me, She asked me what happened to my Facebook and I just said "It don't matter", Answers like that are hard to reply to, Just stick to your guns and don't feel bad for the guy for being hurt over being deleted, After all.... He deleted you out of his life easily enough.

Thanks a lot Simon for your reply. I think you are right, he is upset that I am trying to move on. I think he got used to me trying to get him back, so he thought I was always going to be there waiting for him to take me back.

You must be stronger than me, I still can't bring myself to delete her , maybe I'm only making my own pain worse.

She left last week after coming back three months ago, I don't feel she really tried to make things work but I suspect she felt like she had to for the sake of our one and half y.o. boy.

I'm in so much pain thinking about what she is doing and who she is with, because of our child I still have to see her alot which kills me inside.

Has anyone been through a similar situation and come out knowin they are better off and happier? At the moment I feel my life will just be consumed with regret and sadness. This is my first post , I really find this site helpful and I think I just wanted to get things off my chest.(not that it stops the pains)

• Author
Amandabanana6
If he is the one who broke with YOU then I don't know why he should care or take it so personally...it's only FB for cryin out loud...sometimes people weigh things too heavily when it comes to that darn site. It's common sense that when people break up it usually means breaking all existing ties, period. You shouldn't have to explain anything to him but if you did it's as simple saying look, I'm trying to move on so I can't be "friends"...

I agree with you. It's just stupid facebook. At first I thought he was being a super nice guy when he still texted me back and let me talk to him on the phone. What a nice guy eh, saying we can still be friends, we are above being childish and mean. But then I realized that this wasn't helping at all. How could I be friends when I ultimately wanted to get back together. I told him talking to him made things worse for me so I couldn't anymore.

• Author
Amandabanana6
Well, I think at an initial break up "let's stay friends" gets used very often and it also sounds good at the time...but in reality the idea is rarely successful. Good for you for owning up to the fact that it's just not a healthy thing for you to do with him. ;) Maybe down the road though, after plenty of time for you both to move on, you will be able to catch up as friends without any other feelings involved.

Yes I know it's the right thing for me...but it's still tough losing my best friend. That's the crappiest part :(

Yes I know it's the right thing for me...but it's still tough losing my best friend. That's the crappiest part

Yeah. Just broke up with my best friend of 4.5 years. Sucks and hurts like hell. You're not alone. I agree with Lovelace... maybe down the road....

That's just him being selfish. Its pretty ridiculous of him to get mad at you for wanting to move on after he breaks up with you. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to see all his new friends and his new life. Seriously. Good for you for being strong and dignified over it and having the guts to do that. Ya it totally sucks, but I think you did the right thing. Who really wants to see it. It just causes pain. You don't need more pain.

My boyfriend broke up with me almost 3 months ago, we had been dating for 3 years. Roughly a month ago I decided to delete him from facebook because I was having trouble moving on and I didn't want to see all the new 'friends' (girls from highschool 6 years ago, and one of his ex girlfriends friends) he was adding and pictures he was tagged in. Two weeks after I deleted him on facebook he text messages me saying "blocked me from facebook eh,,,classy". I decided not to reply.

What can I say...it's FACEBOOK. It's like who really cares enough about who is a friend and who is not...he sounds pretty immature to me. Bravo for not responding and dignifying his silly message.

• Author
Amandabanana6

I have 2 things of his. A really old t.v that I know he doesn't care about and a long internet cable that he probably doesn't care about either. So since they are 2 things that he can live without...do I just keep them and not text him? I think it might be useless to break the no contact for these things, so I should probably wait and see if he texts wanting them back...what do you think? or is it weirder to meet later down the road when we are both with other people?

• Author
Amandabanana6
That's just him being selfish. Its pretty ridiculous of him to get mad at you for wanting to move on after he breaks up with you. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to see all his new friends and his new life. Seriously. Good for you for being strong and dignified over it and having the guts to do that. Ya it totally sucks, but I think you did the right thing. Who really wants to see it. It just causes pain. You don't need more pain.

Thanks paleblue, I really feel like I did the right thing now. It feels good. Facebook would probably make it harder on both of us to move on anyways. So he should be grateful that I did him a huge favor hehe. Now we can both move on with our lives and stop playing silly games with him trying to add all these random girls to make me jealous I'm sure. Why now all of the sudden after we break up do you need to add girls from 4 years ago that you knew before we started dating.....oohhh facebook

To answer your second question- just get rid of the stuff. If he hasn't asked about it forget it. You said yourself they hold no value to him. Don't break contact. My ex text me for a DVD. I ignored it because really? Just go buy a new one. That text from him led to others and eventually I broke, got sucked in, only to get spit out again. If he asks about the stuff within the next month or so just text back "porch." Put it out there, and be done. But if he doesn't speak of it- toss it! I admire your strength. :love:

I have 2 things of his. A really old t.v that I know he doesn't care about and a long internet cable that he probably doesn't care about either. So since they are 2 things that he can live without...do I just keep them and not text him? I think it might be useless to break the no contact for these things, so I should probably wait and see if he texts wanting them back...what do you think? or is it weirder to meet later down the road when we are both with other people?

Put whatever it is in as closet, a closet you rarely use or somewhere in the back of a space you occasionally use. Leave it there.

One day when all of this is past and you're totally indifferent to HIM perhaps send him a note and tell him you came accross some old belongings of his and ask if he wants them?

I bet a year from now he will not care and you won't even think it worth your time telling him about them.... Just wait and see....

All the best,

Am4Real

SincereOnlineGuy

He just liked to monitor the trolls who were trying to date you, or were dating you.

• Author
Amandabanana6
To answer your second question- just get rid of the stuff. If he hasn't asked about it forget it. You said yourself they hold no value to him. Don't break contact. My ex text me for a DVD. I ignored it because really? Just go buy a new one. That text from him led to others and eventually I broke, got sucked in, only to get spit out again. If he asks about the stuff within the next month or so just text back "porch." Put it out there, and be done. But if he doesn't speak of it- toss it! I admire your strength. :love:

Hey, thanks for your reply. I think I'll do what you said. A while back he did text me when I first stopped talking to him to say that we still needed to exchange straightener etc... but I think it was just an excuse to get me to talk to him again and it worked. So I won't be doing that again. I even told him my sister would be around to do it (because I really didn't want to see him...it would hurt too much) but he got mad at that too. I eventually caved and said I would meet him but he ended up bailing on me the day we were supposed to meet saying he was too tired.

Thanks again for your advice!!:)

• Author
Amandabanana6
If he is the one who broke with YOU then I don't know why he should care or take it so personally...it's only FB for cryin out loud...sometimes people weigh things too heavily when it comes to that darn site. It's common sense that when people break up it usually means breaking all existing ties, period. You shouldn't have to explain anything to him but if you did it's as simple saying look, I'm trying to move on so I can't be "friends"...

you are right. Why should he care or want to keep tabs on my life. It isn't good for either of us. Normally he wouldn't have acted this childish tho so I was very suprised to see that side of him. Since I won't be texted him I need to get this out ... How the heck am I unclassy, you broke up with me over text message. Prime example of someone that doesn't have class.