, and ready to end relationship

Only joined this site this morning in shear desperation for some honest advice. I will try to keep this as short as possible. I was married for 23 years and didnt love the guy but stayed for my 3 children and finally plucked up the courage to leave in 2006. I have had a few relationships but they have lasted no longer than 6 months.

I have now been dating a guy for 10 months, he is 16 years younger than me. Things are good when we are together but he is currently out of the country to visit his family. He said he was going for 12 days and 2 and half weeks later he is still not back| I have asked him and he says he does not know. I am frustrated and not sure whether to end now or wait till he gets back? I have tried to tell him how I feel, that im upset and missing him, he says he misses me too. The contact is sporadic (which is not unusual for him) but i have not heard from him since Saturday and I am adamant that Im not going to contact him. I think I know the answer but am scared of been on my own again and do love him. Should I end it now or wait for his return, this is making me ill and dysfunctional and its all I can think about?

Thanks Nicci

Sante, it sounds like your on the way out. Most men do not date women that are 16 yrs older than them, although it depends on your situation(does he have any kids, are you past menopause.etc.), but it doesn't sound too good. He is breaking up with you the chickens*** way by hoping you get the hint. Sounds like it is working...