I want to quit smoking...

You would KILL the bunny? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THe bunny is innocent!

One more puff and the wabbit goes puff!:cool:

No bunny is truly innocent, pesky wabbits.:mad:

:bunny: Whats up Doc? Don't smoke, I have wittle wabbits at home to care for, please save me, don't smoke!

and I feel as powerless as any addict over any substance.

It's my only vice.

My father died a long slow death of COPD. It was painful to watch when he didn't have enough oxygen circulation to make it to the bathroom and back without being exhausted. It also created incontinence, and he was embarrased and ashamed. So I know my future if I don't change. I already hack in the mornings.

I know of two other people who died of COPD recently.

I know I stink. I know my clothes stink, my car, my hair, my teeth are yellow, my lungs must be black. I know it is ridiculously expensive method to slowly kill myself.

But I feel powerless to stop. Somebody slap me upside the head or whatever is needed. Advice from those who quit most welcome.

I have just signed up for american lung association online quitting program that includes homework assignments and further education and motivation.

But I still feel I have zero willpower to refuse myself another cigarette whenever I want it.

My triggers are almost anything.

e-cigarettes have done nothing to help me.

A friend told me that a good talking to myself and cold turkey is the only way to quit.

Listen.. You can do this.. You simply have to want to. And want to REAL bad. Honestly.. for me it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.. and I mean that. But, if I can do it you can to. Have you tired the lozenges? They work pretty well. Helped me out a ton. Also.. think of all the reasons you want to live a long time and have a helathy life. If you keep smoking.. the chances are that those thing's may not happen. Smoking is a big risk factor for may diseases. Hang in there.. and be TOUGH. You have it in ya!;)

Mea:)

Listen.. You can do this.. You simply have to want to. And want to REAL bad. Honestly.. for me it was the hardest thing I ever had to do.. and I mean that. But, if I can do it you can to. Have you tired the lozenges? They work pretty well. Helped me out a ton. Also.. think of all the reasons you want to live a long time and have a helathy life. If you keep smoking.. the chances are that those thing's may not happen. Smoking is a big risk factor for may diseases. Hang in there.. and be TOUGH. You have it in ya!;)

Come on Mea, stronger than that, shock tactics are needed. I will post pics of my scars if you don't stop...they will sicken you.....come on YGG.

I will hold your hand and WWIU's hand. Come on we can do this together.

I was down in the bar tonight. Surrounded by smokers, still not giving in. It is all too important for that.

I will regale you with horror stories of having to have your chest sawn in two..I am NOT joking.....I WILL POST PICTURES OF MY WOUNDS, and they will make you stop.

My father died from smoking those stupid-assed things. A person with Down's Syndrome is smart enough to realize they ain't no good. God gave you those scars for a reason. He want's you to live, but for yourself and those you love, not for that dumb, useless, pointless, plant. You know that plant only has nicotene to protect itself from predators? Are you so low as to think you need to feed from a weed, like some ugly little bug or beetle? Witabix the beetle. Hah!

Be strong. Fight like an real live human being who has something to live for.

My father died from smoking those stupid-assed things. A person with Down's Syndrome is smart enough to realize they ain't no good. God gave you those scars for a reason. He want's you to live, but for yourself and those you love, not for that dumb, useless, pointless, plant. You know that plant only has nicotene to protect itself from predators? Are you so low as to think you need to feed from a weed, like some ugly little bug or beetle? Witabix the beetle. Hah!

I have a great deal to live for, wonderful children and grandchildren. YGG is a girl, I assume, and these scars are not too cool on a male body. Smoking will either kill you or leave you in a horribly scarred place.

Shakz, I understand your post, I have a very high IQ, but I am NOT as smart as most Down's Syndrome people. There is a big difference.

I have a great deal to live for, wonderful children and grandchildren. YGG is a girl, I assume, and these scars are not too cool on a male body. Smoking will either kill you or leave you in a horribly scarred place.

Shakz, I understand your post, I have a very high IQ, but I am NOT as smart as most Down's Syndrome people. There is a big difference.

Oh, I don't doubt that you have a high IQ. I wouldn't waste my time otherwise. You are, I presume, much like me. A fool and a coward, despite your intellect. Therefore, I will give you no quarter. I will only urge you on, because in every fool there is the seed of wisdom, and in every coward the spark of courage. I believe you will win, because failure is not an option.

I'm trying to piss you off, because I really do want you to succeed. I want you to say "F*ck that assh*le!" Make me your cigarette.

Oh, I don't doubt that you have a high IQ. I wouldn't waste my time otherwise. You are, I presume, much like me. A fool and a coward, despite your intellect. Therefore, I will give you no quarter. I will only urge you on, because in every fool there is the seed of wisdom, and in every coward the spark of courage. I believe you will win, because failure is not an option.

I'm trying to piss you off, because I really do want you to succeed. I want you to say "F*ck that assh*le!" Make me your cigarette.

Oh you skunk!

You are not even bright enough to say Shakzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz without screwing up the recording.

Give us a kiss you smelly rodent.:love:

Smack! Now go eat a cheese doodle, watch TV, and forget about evil things for awhile.

Put your tail down and I will.

Put your tail down and I will.

No, I will not lower my tail until your house is clean. Talk about stink, a smoker's house! Every time I enter one I think someone just died in there. An unholy stench, carried along with the inhabitant. Foul! Makes my spray seem like deodorant.

No, I will not lower my tail until your house is clean. Talk about stink, a smoker's house! Every time I enter one I think someone just died in there. An unholy stench, carried along with the inhabitant. Foul! Makes my spray seem like deodorant.

Now, now don't be a spunky skunk.

(No homo) :laugh:

Come on Mea, stronger than that, shock tactics are needed. I will post pics of my scars if you don't stop...they will sicken you.....come on YGG.

I would think the fact that I mentioned disease in my post.. that would be enough of a shock tactic.:laugh:

I am so sorry about your dad Shakz. Very sorry:(...mine too. What blew my mind is those stupid little "sticks" were controling my life and killing me at the same time...just couldn't wrap my brain around that so I quit over 2 yrs ago.

YGG, If I did it then you can...I was a hard core smoker and thank God I don't have the weird skin or the age that normally comes with all of the years I smoked...anything IS possible:)

You guys are a hoot!

I'm avoiding the thread because I have to stop Wit from killing the innocent poor bunny!

I have still got him here, waiting.....:bunny: <-:cool:

Witabix ....DON'T DO IT....it's the withdrawl....

He's out of his mind YGG:eek:

• Author
Witabix ....DON'T DO IT....it's the withdrawl....

He's out of his mind YGG:eek:

I agree. Wit can't make a decision on his own to kill off the bunny. There should be a conscensus, or at least a vote! And I vote let the bunny live!

My D is final Monday...I think. After that, I will be able to focus on this much better, I am hoping.

I agree. Wit can't make a decision on his own to kill off the bunny. There should be a conscensus, or at least a vote! And I vote let the bunny live!

My D is final Monday...I think. After that, I will be able to focus on this much better, I am hoping.

Till Monday YGG, till Monday......

(Hope D comes through ok)

Any way, one vote for the bunny to live. Till Monday mwaahahahahahahahaa:laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Not until Nov 1. A little court adjournment.

You are feeding that bunny in the interm, yes? He likes plenty of carrots.

I used Champix (Chantix in the States)... it worked like a charm... and free on the NHS! It has some side-effects, though, but I had almost none... I used to smoke close to 40/day. I stopped 1 year, 5 months and 2 weeks ago. I haven't smoked 18,795.96 cigarettes and saved £5,544.81 since... don't worry, I have a little program in my browser which reminds me of this... :D I feel much better, but there is one big negative aspect... I've put about a stone on since I stopped...

and I feel as powerless as any addict over any substance.

It's my only vice.

My father died a long slow death of COPD. It was painful to watch when he didn't have enough oxygen circulation to make it to the bathroom and back without being exhausted. It also created incontinence, and he was embarrased and ashamed. So I know my future if I don't change. I already hack in the mornings.

I know of two other people who died of COPD recently.

I know I stink. I know my clothes stink, my car, my hair, my teeth are yellow, my lungs must be black. I know it is ridiculously expensive method to slowly kill myself.

But I feel powerless to stop. Somebody slap me upside the head or whatever is needed. Advice from those who quit most welcome.

I have just signed up for american lung association online quitting program that includes homework assignments and further education and motivation.

But I still feel I have zero willpower to refuse myself another cigarette whenever I want it.

My triggers are almost anything.

e-cigarettes have done nothing to help me.

A friend told me that a good talking to myself and cold turkey is the only way to quit.

I downloaded the Alan Carr two part audio, loaded it onto my iphone and listened to it. After the first listen I didn't smoke again. I listened to it two more times for reinforcement. I didn't have a craving, wasn't grumpy or irritable, wasn't upset and didn't feel a loss at all. I smoked a pack a day for ten years.

It worked like a charm for me. Not sure if the book would have worked as well since I don't have much time to sit and read. The audio was awesome. It was free and more effective than anything else I tried, which was everything I could think of in the last five years. :)

• Author
I downloaded the Alan Carr two part audio, loaded it onto my iphone and listened to it. After the first listen I didn't smoke again. I listened to it two more times for reinforcement. I didn't have a craving, wasn't grumpy or irritable, wasn't upset and didn't feel a loss at all. I smoked a pack a day for ten years.

It worked like a charm for me. Not sure if the book would have worked as well since I don't have much time to sit and read. The audio was awesome. It was free and more effective than anything else I tried, which was everything I could think of in the last five years. :)

Thanks Clep,

I'll reference this thread when I'm ready. I know it is not yet. I am still knee deep in my own shyte from codependency from the alcoholism and other addictions.

I'm not ready yet, but I will be...in the not too distant future. I'm not postponing this to some indefinite date in the long term future. I really am still far too deep in shytehell in my mind.

But I feel I have found a shovel these days, so I'm working on shoveling myself out.

Thanks Clep,

I'll reference this thread when I'm ready. I know it is not yet. I am still knee deep in my own shyte from codependency from the alcoholism and other addictions.

I'm not ready yet, but I will be...in the not too distant future. I'm not postponing this to some indefinite date in the long term future. I really am still far too deep in shytehell in my mind.

But I feel I have found a shovel these days, so I'm working on shoveling myself out.

When you are ready I want to hear about it. :) If I thought it would help you if I shoveled too....I would.