Should I email him after our first "coffee date"?

I just had a 90-minute coffee "date" with a guy in my office building who I am crazy about (met him in our parking lot and have chatted about half a dozen times in the lot or at the elevator, then through emails). I call it a coffee "date" because he asked me for coffee a few days ahead of time, picked me up at my office, paid at the cash, walked me back, and we talked only about personal things. It went really well!!

It ended abruptly when I was called away by a staff member needing me, so we didn't get a chance to bring it to a proper end.

I'm thinking about sending him an email to say thanks, I enjoyed our break together. (We have emailed each other in the past, leading up to our "date").

Guys, what do you think? Would it seem too eager or desperate if I emailed him? Or should I just let it go and see if he askes me again? He is a little shy and traditional. I really, really want to go for coffee with him again, and then maybe date him, and then .....

When did it happen? Just now? Sure, email him saying thanks and that you had fun.

And, if you work in the same office block you're bound to see him tomorrow right? So if you do (and don't want to email him straight away), make an effort to smile, say hi, look sexy (lol) and then perhaps you can ask him if he'd want to do it again sometime?

seconding venea. don't email him yet; just give him 'that' smile when you see him again. if possible, say hi, move along, then glance backward while he stands there and give him 'the smile'.

it's all very coy and irritating to do, but it works. let him chase you a bit if you want him to value and desire you as much as you covet him.

I go with the 'send the email'. You cut the date short, though inadvertently, and therefore it would only be polite to 'end' the date via email.

DENTALASSISTANT
:) True, It is a polite thing to do. That way he knows that coffee date, neither big or small is and was important to you.

I'm not worried about you; I'm worried about him. I worry if he'll be able to control himself well enough to keep you interested. Women have the advantage in dating - remember that.

If I were your guy, though, yes, I'd be happy to see an e-mail from you just let me know that you were happy with how things went. One e-mail to say thank you is never a problem. It's only when you appear needy and start contacting him repeatedly, but again, men usually have this problem much more than women do.

I second everybody here. Yes, send the email. Something that says you had fun, sorry for having to leave early and saying that you guys should do it again sometime to make up for having to leave early. If he's interested, that's all the signal he needs to make the next move.

I vote for the email, also. Something nice and short and sweet that just says you had a good time and wouldn't mind doing it again. It lets him know that you enjoyed yourself and that you're open to seeing him again. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks for your advice. I sent him a brief one liner, thanking hm for coffee and saying that I enjoyed our chat, to which he replied saying that he did as well. I also passed him briefly today, and got the sweetest smile from him. Ooooh, that guy really does something to me. Thanks again for your suggestions.