Views on marriage

I find it funny and pathetic when some individuals feel that when its the woman initiating divorce that its never the males fault or that he is part to blame.

Have you missed the recent threads in the past few days of women admitting that their husbands are great guys and great fathers but they have just fallen out of love? This happens so often it is cliche.

Have you missed the recent threads in the past few days of women admitting that their husbands are great guys and great fathers but they have just fallen out of love? This happens so often it is cliche.

ok so its a couple of threads on here....one message board. All of a sudden that makes it a common theme? Sheesh get a grip on reality.

Yes it happens. No one is stupid enough to say that it never happens but its not widespread like some people claim.

Go to any relationship message board and it is a common theme. It is an epidemic these days.

Go to any relationship message board and it is a common theme. It is an epidemic these days.

yes you will find it on any message board, but that is the point of a message board. So what? A couple of threads that you read online still are not the majority. A majority of people out there do not come online to share their feelings about their relationship, so to call it an epidemic is you being a drama queen.

It's true.

My ex wife

MY FWB

Another FWB

My current wife who I said yes to.

Woggle is pretty hot although he has some * different * views...:laugh:

Woggle is pretty hot although he has some * different * views...:laugh:

They are the right views. I just see things for what they are. It's funny how these men who jump every time to defend the honor of women are the ones who usually get treated the worst. I say all the time that I am not talking all women yet people still get offended.

Nikki Sahagin

I used to think marriage was romantic...but there sure are a lot of buzz kills on here.

I've never wanted to get married personally. I don't have the urge either for a wedding or a marriage. I think in the past marriages were buisness transactions, some people treat them as such today. I think for most, marriage is about safety and committment and creates a safe environment for children and families.

Okay some people get screwed by divorce - then just be smart about it before you are married.

They are the right views. I just see things for what they are. It's funny how these men who jump every time to defend the honor of women are the ones who usually get treated the worst. I say all the time that I am not talking all women yet people still get offended.

Don't you think that if they were the right views then more people would agree with you?

You view life as black and white, which is not right.

Okay some people get screwed by divorce - then just be smart about it before you are married.

exactly. Simple as that.

Most people who tell it like it is are laughed at and vehemently opposed. Great minds face a lot of opposition.

Most people who tell it like it is are laughed at and vehemently opposed. Great minds face a lot of opposition.

great minds?:lmao:

You have already admitted on here that your views are skewed and thats why you are supposedly going to a therapist.

Don't call yourself a great mind towards relationships until your head is back on straight.

Nah. The people that oppose it just don't buy into extreme dictatorship.

;)

great minds?:lmao:

You have already admitted on here that your views are skewed and thats why you are supposedly going to a therapist.

Don't call yourself a great mind towards relationships until your head is back on straight.

If I published a book I would be heavily quoted and people would use my words to guide their life.

If I published a book I would be heavily quoted and people would use my words to guide their life.

was starting to wonder if there was an ounce of humor under all that hatred.

A little late on this thread, so forgive me if I've missed something, but can someone please tell me why it is assumed that marriage and commitment are the same thing? Think about it for a minute, if you're really committed to someone, do you need a contract with the government to make you stay with them? I think people who look for marriage as a sign of commitment are just projecting their own inability to commmit on to the other person.

Furthermore, I live in a country where the divorce rate is close to 60% (and the real rate is probably much higher when you factor in the separations between people who can't afford divorce lawyers or can split up assets amicably and just don't bother formalising it), so with around 75% of marriage failing, how can anyone assume that getting married commits anyone to anything? It doesn't.

If/when I get into my next relationship, I'm just going to be happy to enjoy what I have with that lady, without the government having a say in something they know nothing about. I'll be looking for a partner with a similar mindset.