going out

my b'f likes going out every sat. night. i always go with him tho at times i don't want to. he wont go alone cause he knows i'd get mad. i think you should do things together and alone but not bars. i think they should all be banned along with alcohol. yet every sat. night i get ready and go with him so he can have his few beers and do his karaoke. times i don't mind going but at times i do mind going and then i think i should leave him so i don't have to go. dumb huh? just break up cause i don't want to go out on sat. nites? it's the only time we really go out tho per my request, yet i hate going out, i am such a home body or lazy or something. i remember when i was younger i loved to go out and have fun, have i gotten "old" or what?

You are changing, growing, maturing, or maybe just in a phase.

The fact is you seem to be changing and growing in ways that are different from your boyfriend. The things you enjoy doing are not similar to his likes. You are the only one who can take complete inventory of your relationship to see if you have outgrown him or to decide if the relationship still meets the needs you consider important.

When I first started dating, I was terrified because I thought every girl wanted to go out and dance on Saturday nights and I didn't know how to dance and really didn't want to learn...just had no interest. To my absolute amazement, I consistently met ladies who enjoyed dancing but would just as soon take walks, go to movies, go to nice restaurants, attend concerts, have good conversation, stay and home and watch TV, etc. I have gone to dances but just sat on the side and sipped a Coke while my date did her own thing.

So there are compromises here. But if your boyfriend is bent on raising hell at bars on the weekend and you are not, if there is a compromise and this is the ONLY issue I think things may work out. However, my guess is that there are other issues of common interests and behaviors that you haven't written about. You have to make the call here.