Bear with me as this is my first post here. I have been lurking for a few weeks now and everyone seems super helpful. Anyway if my thread is real long i apologize now in advance...

I (As well as my coworker friends) have been dealing with major issues with our boss, long story short...she is a 40 year old woman trying to act like a 20 something year old with 20 something year olds. She looks at her employees as her friends so when she is slighted socially she takes it out on us pretty hard. I will provide examples of this in a few...but first i am compelled to complain how she is as a manager.

Our team consists of about 10 guys (All of us are relatively the same age), there are two females where we work, our manager lets call her Cagney and the assistant to her, lets call her Lacey. Those are the only two females where I work. Our work environment is that of a warehouse type setting, lots of heavy boxes, power lifts, etc. Part of that lies in my frustration, Cagney pretty much plays up the female card of "I can't lift this...and its too hot to work today...' I don't mean to sound like Andrew Dice Clay...but if you cant do the job, why are you the manager??? Other problems arise such as my favorite, "I shouldn't have to do this or i dont have to babysit you guys all day." In most work environments I agree, but where we work, any help we can get is needed to get the shipments out. Sometimes there are just 2 or 3 of us at a given shift, not including her so we are working against the clock to get the job done. I have had other managers prior to her (Female too) who knew this and jumped right in and helped. My impression of Cagney is that she doesn't want to do it and uses the hands off approach of her reasoning why she doesn't help. I don't know maybe I'm being naive in thinking that a good manager should help out whenever and not make their employees feel guilty when they need help. Speaking of feeling guilty, she does this with people who call out because of sickness or bad weather. This past winter was pretty rough where i live, so driving to work was literally a life threatening adventure. I had one friend who sided with common sense, called out because he wasn't comfortable driving in blizzard conditions, you think Cagney would be understanding??? No. Her response, "Well...I made it in and a bunch of other people did too...so its ok, i guess."

Blizzard conditions notwithstanding, she does the same thing when people call out due to sickness. For instance, I had to call out of work a month ago because I had a real bad case of the flu. I called her and explained my situation, did I get a hope you feel better soon. Nope. I got, "Well..you know its gonna be real busy today, im gonna have to fill in for you even though i shouldnt have to, i guess ill forgive you." Forgive me??? I am f"ckin sick!! Her problem is that she dosen't believe anybody. I had a friend who broke his arm last year, she sent me a txt asking if it was legit or was he faking it because they had an argument a week prior to his injury. Oy vey.

Ok...back to the social aspect. As I mentioned, all of my coworkers are around the same age, we all have the same interests so there are times we like to get together and hang out. Here is the problem. Almost everytime we do something...she gets upset if she isn't invited or included. Recently, we all went to grab some wings and watch the USA-Canada game, a few of us put it as our Facebook status...for everyone of us who did, she wrote us saying, "Gee...I guess my invite got lost in the mail. Again." Trust me, she wasn't joking around....she does this everytime we all do something!!!!:mad:

And the day after we come back to work from said plans, she acts all bitchy towards us. The slightest bit of communication between any of us...she flips!

She has it in her sick demented twisted head that we are her friends, but seriously why does a 40 year old who still lives at home with her parents want to hang out with a bunch of guys she cant relate to??? We have taken measures to include her, but when she does come...she still gets upset because she acts as if we should cater to where she wants to go or we should treat her as the guest of honor. Whatever.

We have taken measures about her managerial style, every year we have to complete an anonymous survey rating her...last year she received her not so positive feedback, it just so happen that night all of us guys hung out. Naturally, she thought we were talking about her...so she sent me a txt later in the night.."So what was said about me and my feedback??" Pretty paranoid, huh? She then proceeded to ask us who said what about her.

What can I do...because I know I shouldn't let this stuff get to me, but it does!!!

I deeply apologize for the length...i just really needed to get that off of my chest!