Am I expected to do these things?

Can I just have a quick ceremony followed by a fun party. I don't want all this stuff that is all set up and meaningless to us.

i thought you were having a traditional indian wedding :eek:

• Author
i thought you were having a traditional indian wedding :eek:

Nope, we're just including a few Indian things.

We are not doing any of that other stuff. I had no idea what a money dance was, thanks guys :laugh::laugh:

We have an amazing florist and photographer that we are thrilled to work with. Today we picked our invitations. We also picked out a honeymoon. After a million different ideas we finally chose something that will work best for us and the limited time we'll have.

OP, I didn't do any of that crap either. Quite frankly, things like the money dance can seem horrifyingly tacky to some people. Imagine having wedding guests pay money (or perhaps even pin it on you?!) to dance with you! It was never even a question that we would do that kind of thing.

DH and I had our siblings stand up for us and we had one sibling each sign as witnesses. They wore whatever they wanted. So no, you don't need a "wedding party" although most likely you will need two witnesses to sign the documents.

None of the other stuff is necessary, so throw the party that you want!

Tnerforireyeh

The "Money Dance" comes right before the "Money Shot"... the the men at the party pay the bride $1 and then they.... ehh, never mind.

And anyone who has Jello shots at their wedding probably has a rock quarry in their back yard.